Title: Market Manager, job#11574
Kimberly Clark (NYSE:KMB), a global health and hygiene leader, and our trusted brands are an indispensable part of life for 1.3 billion people in more than 150 countries. Kimberly Clark has been helping generations of families improve the quality of their lives, to ensuring the health of our employees and the environment. We believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work.
Currently, we are seeking a Market Manager for Kimberly Clark Professional division in the Vancouver, Canada area.
We are looking for an influential, self-motivated, team player to join our Kimberly-Clark Professional Sales team. This position provides great exposure in the KCP sales sector. The Market Manager is solely responsible for achieving assigned territory penetration, growth and sales goals by identifying and securing new end user accounts as well as defending, retaining and increasing the profitable penetration of existing accounts.
Interested for you or a friend? Please contact me at Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com or leave a message at US 469-665-5639 to set up a time to talk. Please refer to job #11574. You can also directly apply for job #11574 at http://bit.ly/11574-MktMgr after setting up a profile.
• Promote and sell Kimberly-Clark Safety products.
• Managing distributor and end-user relationships.
• Finding, developing new customers and expanding on existing accounts.
• Creates awareness and demand for company products.
• Works as technical expert as it relates to products and industry.
• Bachelor degree with 5 years sales related experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel 50% of time.
• Related experience in safety equipment sales is preferred.
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills as the incumbent will deal
with various levels of business personnel.
• Proven team leadership skills and posses the ability to articulate and support the vision,
and influence across teams.
• Successful experience collaborating across organizational and cultural boundaries.
• Candidate will ideally live in the Vancouver
Home office, company car and cell phone provided.