Title: Mechanical Engr III, Job#13023
Location: Chelmsford MA (http://bit.ly/LifeinChelmsford)
Goodrich Corporation (NYSE:GR), a Fortune 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Goodrich has one of the broadest portfolios of products in the aerospace industry. The company serves a global customer base, with over 24,000 employees across approximately 90 manufacturing and service facilities in 16 countries worldwide. The ISR (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) Division (Airborne) seeks a seasoned mechanical engineer for its business unit headquarters location of Chelmsford MA.
Interested? Or perhaps you know of someone that might be, you can apply directly using this link: http://bit.ly/13023-ME3. You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@Goodrich.com to receive more information on job #13023. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Goodrich needs.
GOODRICH SRS has an opening for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer. This senior role will report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and will directly support all ISR airborne product areas.
The individual will have primary mechanical design & development responsibility for EO/IR optical reconnaissance & surveillance sensor systems utilized on a variety of manned and unmanned airborne platforms. Prior experience with aircraft pod and stabilized gimbal sensor packaging is highly desirable.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Task planning and management
• Proposal Development Support -Technical concept, Cost, Schedule & Risk Management
• Opto-Mechanical hardware design utilizing structured engineering process from requirement definition through design, development, testing and field deployment.
• Mechanical analysis including tolerance, thermal, structural (modal, stress, deflection)
• Environmental testing & troubleshooting
• SIL & Flight testing technical support
• Specification development/Report generation
Education and Required Experience:
• “Hands-on” expertise in high resolution opto-mechanical system design, analysis & glass/ metal optical fabrication/test methods
• Precision optical mounting/packaging for severe atmospheric environments
• Isolation system design on stabilized positioning sensors
• Aircraft integration experience
• Environmental test methods and procedures
• Structural/thermal analysis & verification testing
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• 4-5 years experience in precision optics and opto-mechanical systems, aerospace applications highly desired
• Experienced in 3D CAD (example: SolidWorks) & analytical tools including Pro-Engineer, NASTRAN/PATRAN, SINDA, MathCad
• US Citizen/Ability to obtain DOD secret security clearance
All applicants are required to show proof of U.S. citizenship. In addition, designated positions may also be contingent upon applicant receiving approved level of security clearance.
EOE – D/F/M/V