Title: Mechanical Engineer III, job#17027
Goodrich Corporation (NYSE:GR), a Fortune 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Goodrich has one of the broadest portfolios of products in the aerospace industry. The company serves a global customer base, with over 24,000 employees across approximately 90 manufacturing and service facilities in 16 countries worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.goodrich.com.
GOODRICH SRS has an opening for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer. This senior role will report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and will directly support all ISR airborne product areas.
The individual will have primary mechanical design and development responsibility for EO/IR optical reconnaissance and surveillance sensor systems utilized on a variety of manned and unmanned airborne platforms. Prior experience with aircraft pod and stabilized gimbal sensor packaging is highly desirable.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Task planning and management
• Proposal Development Support -Technical concept, Cost, Schedule & Risk Management
• Opto-Mechanical hardware design utilizing structured engineering process from requirement definition through design, development, testing and field deployment.
• Mechanical analysis including tolerancing, thermal, structural (modal, stress, deflection)
• Environmental testing and troubleshooting
• SIL and Flight testing technical support
• Specification development/Report generation
– Basic Opto-mechanical design and Analysis
– Overhead tasks-CI, Training,etc.
– Engineering Documentation Prep
– Project/Customer Interface
Interested? Or perhaps you know of someone that might be, you can apply directly using this link: http://bit.ly/17027-ME3 . You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@Goodrich.com to receive more information on job #17027. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Goodrich needs.
Required Education and Experience:
• “Hands-on” expertise in high resolution opto-mechanical system design, analysis and glass/ metal optical fabrication/test methods
• Precision optical mounting/packaging for severe environments
• Isolation system design on stabilized positioning sensors
• Aircraft integration experience
• Environmental test methods and procedures (Mil-Std-810)
• Structural/thermal analysis & verification testing
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
• 4-5 years design experience in precision optics and opto-mechanical systems, aerospace applications highly desired
• Experienced in 3D CAD & analytical tools including Pro-Engineer, NASTRAN/PATRAN, SINDA, MathCad
• US Citizen/Ability to obtain DOD secret security clearance
Candidate can expect to travel 10-20%.
All applicants are required to show proof ofU.S. citizenship. In addition, designated positions may also be contingent upon applicant receiving approved level of security clearance.