Title: Engineering Program Mgr II – IRFPA/ Value Stream Lead
Location: Princeton NJ
Goodrich Corporation, a Fortune 500 company (NYSE:GR), is a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Goodrich has one of the broadest portfolios of products in the aerospace industry. The company serves a global customer base, with over 24,000 employees across approximately 90 manufacturing and service facilities in 16 countries worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.goodrich.com.
Goodrich ISR Systems Princeton has an immediate opening for a Value Stream Leader — the leader of a “”business within a business””, responsible for P&L, who regularly reports to senior management within Goodrich ISR Systems. The Value Stream Leader will have primary responsibility for managing a variety of development, engineering, and manufacturing efforts involving state-of-the-art visible and infrared focal plane assemblies (IRFPAs).
The Value Stream Leader will perform the following activities:
* Lead efforts in Business Development to grow the Value Stream’s core business – developing and sustaining Focal Plane Assemblies.
* Managing customer relationships – especially managing customer expectations, dealing with stakeholders at all levels in the organization and without, and leading the effort to respond to RFPs/RFQs.
* Regular reports to management on execution of Value Stream’s objectives.
* Lead and manage Engineering and Operations teams – support existing products and services while growing the business.
* Managing budget of Value Stream, consisting of customer funding and internal R&D funding.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager working side-by-side with the IRFPA engineering and operations teams.
– Participation in the creation and primary management of an IRFPA technology and product roadmaps.
– Technical management of new and ongoing Research, Development, & Engineering efforts within the IRFPA team.
– Development and management of process-capability metrics (SPC concepts, e.g., control charts, Cpk, etc.).
– Technical management of troubleshooting efforts for both short- and long-term engineering issues.
– Participation in Lean / CI initiatives (e.g., to reduce cycle time, to increase yield, etc.).
– Business development (discussions with customers, proposal writing, planning, defining strategy for value stream).
Interested? Or perhaps you know of someone that might be, you can apply directly using this link: http://bit.ly/16895-EngrPM . You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@Goodrich.com to receive more information on job #16895 . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Goodrich needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
Five to10 years experience managing high-tech project or product teams.
Proficient in Project/Program Management and/or Product Management methodologies (project planning, scope definition, scheduling, resource allocation, risk management, monitoring and controlling project work, etc.).
Technical background is a must. Experience/expertise in any of the following is a huge plus: cryogenics; vacuum; semiconductor-device design and process engineering; IC design; electronics design; dewar design and integration; electro-optical testing; cryocooler design, integration, and test; optomechanical assembly and packaging; software engineering.
Be able to travel 10-20%.
Relocation assistance can be made available for the right candidate. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.