Title: Senior Director-Global Sustainability
Location: Roswell GA
Function: Continuous Improvement/ Sourcing/ Sustainability
Reports to: Vp of CI/ Sustainability
Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business. Here’s our video on our commitment: http://bit.ly/K-C-SustainVideo !
Summary of Position:
The Sr. Director – Global Sustainability will be responsible for clearly articulating the vision for Sustainability and directing the management of the Corporation’s Sustainability functions (Strategy, Environment, Energy, and Social Philanthropy Programs) in support of the Company’s strategies and GBP 2015 plans and beyond. The incumbent will lead the transformation process that will ensure the cultural integration and adoptions of “best in class” sustainability practices. S/he will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in the leadership role to improve the company’s positioning on all three sustainability pillars (economic, environmental & social).
• Drive the Sustainability 2015 strategy/goals/metrics.
• Develop organization and resource capability to meet strategic business and sustainability needs.
• Embedding principles of Sustainability across all businesses, all core processes and all employees.
• Providing effective communication between K-C, government, media, investors & non-government organizations interested in the Corporation’s Sustainability performance.
• Formulating relevant corporate policies and guidelines.
• Assisting operating units in controlling energy costs and in assuring the availability of reliable supplies.
• Auditing to assess compliance with applicable regulatory and corporate requirements
• The Sr. Director – Global Sustainability Officer will be accountable for the following areas in the creation of a proactive sustainability culture:
• Assist businesses to transform their culture and in integrating sustainability in all core processes
• Develop sustainability insights and translate them into sustainable solutions and marketing programs that deliver competitive advantage.
• Drive sustainability social compliance across value chain.
• Develop business capability throughout the global operations.
• Engage with multiple stakeholders, both external and internal, to drive sustainability advancement for K-C to maintain its leadership position and positive reputation
• Convene and lead the Sustainability Advisory Board members to help K-C innovate and increase the value of sustainability programs & it’s profile both internally & externally
• Global Sustainability Strategy Services – Develop Sustainability aspirations and metrics; cultivate strategic partnership with select environmental & social NGO’s ; communicate sustainability progress internally & externally; provide LCA tools to drive sustainable innovation; create strategic partnership with key customers & suppliers to promote sustainability across value chain.
• Corporate Social Philanthropy Programs – Develop global initiatives to improve equity and image of the K-C and global brands; engaging NGO’s, brands and communities to leverage social programs for maximum effectiveness & visibility
• Global Energy Services – Provide professional leadership throughout Kimberly-Clark on energy supplies, use, conservation and utility rates and contracts; develop global strategic direction for key Sustainability initiatives including GHG (Greenhouse Gas) reduction, Vision 2015 energy efficiency, renewable energy alternatives and energy technology development
• Global Environmental Services – Identify environmental objectives related to water conservation and solid waste reduction; Provide global technical leadership to prevent and resolve environmental issues; Remediation of orphan sites; Due diligence for merger and acquisitions; Identification of emerging environmental trends; Provide systems, tools and capability to operating teams and compliance assessment.
Interested? Or perhaps you know of someone that might be, you can apply directly using this link: http://bit.ly/16696-DirCi-Sustain and it will be reviewed within several business days.
• Bachelor Degree required
• Broad, diverse global career experience in general business, operations.
• Broad knowledge of Kimberly Clark’s businesses or similar industry experience.
• Visionary, strategic & persuasive skills and the ability to communicate effectively on a global basis.
• Ability to handle independently broad technical, legal or government relations matter on which assistance is requested.
• Experience with environmental and energy issues, Sustainability, and government relations.
• Advanced Degree in business, law or engineering or science
• Experience managing social programs