Title: Sr. Security Engineer – Vulnerability Management
Job #140000BA , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI or Roswell GA
Function: IT Security – Corporate
Reports to: Director/ CISO
From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark!
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for identifying vulnerabilities and security risks of networks, operating systems, applications, databases, and new technology initiatives. Validate vulnerability findings and assist in remediation efforts. Ensure compliance to corporate information security standards, policies, and procedures. They will define, deliver and sustain the enterprise management strategy and solutions from a governance, process, discipline and technology standpoint, to support Kimberly-Clark’s global and enterprise environments covering threat / vulnerability management.
This position requires a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills and is responsible for the following functions:
· Functions as primary technical engineer and operational support for K-C’s vulnerability management program and tools.
· Performs daily monitoring and troubleshooting of operational issues.
· Provides engineering support for other Information Security infrastructure systems as required.
· Partners with Information Security, support, engineering and operational teams to optimize processes, manage product life cycles, deliver cost-effective solutions and maximize the supportability, usability, stability and flexibility with the vulnerability management toolset.
· Provides technical consultation and direction on application design, architecture and system performance, and evolving technologies.
· Performs requirements gathering, initial engineering design, platform/environment integration and evolution planning to support highly reliable, available, scalable, and cost-effective computing
· Provides technical support to technical business customers.
· Interfaces with Architecture team regarding the ratification and implementation of new Architecture standards.
· Interface with product vendors for escalated support and advanced product knowledge.
· Provide 7×24 on-call coverage and perform application upgrades during non-peak business hours
· Ensures IT security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IT standards and overall IT security
· Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents
· Design, test and develop specific content and alerting to identify threats against K-C’s critical assets
· Provide analytical support to K-C’s incident response team
· Maintain an understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats
· Provide tier II support for escalated security incidents
· Mentor and educate teams with expert knowledge of information security event management, security forensics, network access controls and perimeter security, operations, implementations of new technologies
· Up to 10% travel required
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job #140000BA . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
· BS / MS in Information Systems, Computer Science
· 15 Years relevant IT experience
· 5+ years’ experience with Infrastructure engineering using other Information Security and Threat & Vulnerability products
· Advanced degree in a related field
· Any of the following are a plus: CISM, CISSP
· Experience in security or network architecture/engineering role including designing and deploying security solutions
· Global capability delivery experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication capability with a customer focus
· Success in collaborating with customers, partners, and co-workers across cultural boundaries
· Able to identify, address or escalate potential dependencies and issues
· Manage the effort within deferred and expense budget constraints (if project lead)
· Effectively manage ambiguity, change and conflict
· Effectively prioritize in high pressure situations
· Strong project leadership and support skills
· Demonstrated track record of success in delivering in a security environment
· Proven experience in navigating complex organizations with creative problem solving
· At ease in establishing senior-level working relationships and communications
· Ability to deliver a clear yet compelling and realistic business case
· Ability to present publicly as a thought leader
· Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts
· Strong analytical skills and cross functional knowledge across multiple security disciplines
· Strong working experience with databases and data warehouse technologies and solutions
· Working experience with systems automation in a major scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.)
· Ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
· Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to work with autonomy
· Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Project management experience for projects exceeding $10MM is preferred