Title: Director, End to End Supply Chain Optimization
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation, KC International (KCI)
Location: Roswell GA but ideally in Malaysia, Istanbul, Johannesburg in South Africa, Lima in Peru, Sao Paulo or San Jose in Costa Rica
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: Senior Director
• Planning Consultant (2)
• Distribution Consultant (2)
From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. Within the K.C. Professional business the mission focuses on creating Exceptional Workplaces for our customers; Safer, Healthier and more Productive. Our teams are improving workplaces around the world with innovative products and solutions that drive continuous improvement and fulfill the needs of people at work.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: (Strategic Intent)
Provide planning process leadership to the KCI business teams. Develop capabilities, processes and systems to improve customer service, reduce working capital and to reduce total cost to serve. Benchmark external/internal best practice and act as a consultant/liaison for the regions for the development and execution of strategic initiatives.
ORGANIZATION: (People Responsibilities/ reporting line/partnerships)
Key customers for this position:
• Global Sector VP’s
• LAO, MEA and Asia Operations and Supply Chain Leaders
Other Key relationships:
• KCI Sector Operations & Projects Directors
• Procurement Leadership
• Global Sustainability group (E&E, Continuous Improvement, Safety, Regulatory, Quality)
• NACP, GNW & KCP Operations & Supply Chain leaders
• Develop KCI’s End to End Supply Chain Strategy to deliver KCI Cost Transformation, Go to Market and CCC Full Potential goals.
• Develop a KCI E2E Supply Chain results reporting and tracking system in order to provide visibility of performance against set goals.
• Deploy Lean and sustain continuous improvement initiatives in E2E Planning, Sourcing and Distribution. Foster a climate of continuous improvement in all facets of the Procurement (Purchase to Pay), Production Planning (Flow), Innovation (IMF) and other Supply Chain processes (S&OP/IBP, Order to Cash) at KCI.
• Support SKU Complexity reduction workshops in cooperation with the corporate teams.
• Develop auditing exercises, workshops and process benchmarks to identify opportunities and leverage external and internal best practices (End to End diagnostics and VSM). Carry out warehousing (Cleansheet) and distribution footprint optimization methodologies to reduce the cost and working capital of local operations.
• Develop transportation improvement roadmap and TMS project implementation across KCI.
• Responsible for Knowledge management & capability building (training) via SharePoint site. Develop community of experts through train the trainer approach.
• Responsible for maintaining the Technical System. Responsible for defining and executing KCI Planning system strategy (IT Systems architecture).
• Partner with Sales to develop Channel strategies and Customer alignment processes that improve service and reduce the overall cost to serve.
• Responsible for the overall quality of the best practice playbooks which incorporate the best known methods and processes across all work-streams. Responsible for sustainable operations throughout KCI.
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering or Logistics. MBA desired
• Operations, Logistics, E2E Planning and distribution, Customer service, Experience with lean manufacturing tools and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process, Procurement, Organization development and capability building.
• This position requires a proven business professional with at least 10-15 years of industrial experience in technical or operational roles in manufacturing and staff locations with demonstrated track record of growth in leadership.
• Deep understanding and use of continuous improvement skills to improve the entire supply change system.
• A minimum of 10 years of blended cross functional and direct managerial experience in supply chain, operations, or other technical function with a demonstrated track record of success as well as building talent within his/her organization.
• The incumbent must be able to build and lead an innovative organization, including using various business models and open innovation that maximize the efficiency.
• Strong International experience.
• Must be able to travel to include international up to 50% of the time.