Title: Demand Manager and Forecaster
Job #140000CU, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA just north of Atlanta
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: Demand Forecast Lead
Product Line: http://bit.ly/K-C-Healthcare (entire line)
Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 56,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $19.7 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
The incumbent will provide leadership for the process development, tool development, and best practices for forecasting to ensure efforts contribute to the attainment of business objectives. The incumbent will also provide accurate market demand for a specified group of products that will allow synchronized production of mill and supplier operations, deployment of stock, reduction of inventories and maximization of customer service.
This position will work with Business Planning, Production and Materials Planning, Sales and Marketing, Deployment, Customer Service, International Demand Managers, and Distribution Operations team members and Managers.
• Position is housed in Roswell, Georgia.
Generate a 24 months accurate rolling forecast for a specified category of products
Deliver on Forecast accuracy Key performance indicators
Provide a demand forecasting perspective on business issues.
Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to adjust statistical forecast with up to date market information
Challenge, assess and maintain justifications for increased and decreases in the forecast
Extensively use system capabilities to deliver best in class forecast
Responsible for establishing an accurate demand forecast for each stock keeping unit by month and by business region for a rolling 24 months.
• Requires on-going interaction with sales and marketing teams to ensure that there is good business input into the forecast and challenge assumptions through rigorous analysis.
• Provide suggestions to improve the forecasting process and performance of the demand planning system and lead continuous improvement programs that will improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
• Facilitates communication with other functions to create an awareness of the impact of accurate demand forecasting.
• Provide input to the long-range business demand forecasts and to the potential volume opportunities of alternative marketing/sales programs
Manage Category Monthly Demand Review process for a particular product group leading to the sign-off of the regional level forecast by the Marketing Director and input to the S&OP global demand review.
• Be the forecasting expert on a given product group and drive improvements in forecast accuracy and error. Educate others on the behaviour of the product group.
• Ensure new product launches are reflected in the forecast.
• Provide information as to the conformance of actual sales to forecasted volume. Identify and track contributing factors to sales forecast errors.
• Proactively communicate to the planning teams and to the HC Constraint and Demand Forecast Team Leader on significant deviations between sales and forecast or significant changes in the future forecast.
• Lead continuous improvement programs to improve sales forecast accuracy, forecasting processes, and systems.
• Identify and execute corrective actions to reduce sales forecast error.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job #140000CU . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role (demand planning) within a supply chain.
• Knowledge of SAP R/3 DP APO.
• Knowledge of Excel (expert level)
• Excellent Analytical and Communication skills required
• Forecasting experience preferred