Title: Director of Interventional Sales, NA
Job # 140001CK
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Health Care
Location: Roswell GA
Reports to: GM NA Sales
Product Line: http://bit.ly/K-C-PainMgmt
Direct reports: four with a large team
Kimberly-Clark Health Care provides solutions that help bring patients back home and back to living their lives. When a medical crisis occurs – clinicians and patients can rely on our products and services in the areas of surgical and infection prevention, surgical pain management, digestive health, respiratory health and chronic pain management. Recently we announced that Kimberly-Clark Health Care intends to become a stand-alone publicly traded healthcare company. This will provide an opportunity to further grow our market leading positions in both surgical and infection prevention products and medical devices. If you are inspired by the opportunity to transform healthcare, join Kimberly-Clark Health Care.
Attain or exceed gross profit objectives, market penetration, and product category volume, across the Medical Device Business, within budgeted expense, through the organization, leadership and development of a motivated and skilled Area Sales team.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the General Manager, North America Sales, the incumbent is responsible for directing the development and implementation of strategies and tactical plans, within the framework of the Sector and North American Device Sales strategies that support the attainment of organizational business objectives. The incumbent establishes, monitors, adjusts and actively develops a team that effectively and efficiently covers and manages all market segments, major end users and distribution. In executing the position’s responsibilities the incumbent works closely with all levels and functions of the Sector Leadership, other Director of Sales, National Accounts, Corporate Accounts, Roswell-based Business Teams, Sales Operations and team members.
I. Talent Management and Development
• Set the standard in North American Sales for:
o High energy, results oriented, sales activity.
o Product knowledge including functionality, positioning, and value proposition.
o Business acumen, business planning, and sales skills fundamentals.
• Live and drive the culture of accountability every day.
• Set annual performance management objectives for Sales Reps and Region Managers and measure back quarterly.
• Own the quarterly performance management agenda and continuously apply positive upward pressure on the performance bar.
• Own talent development for your area including attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining top talent. Create and manage Individual Development Plans (IDP’s) for each Region Manager.
• Develop and manage your own Individual Development Plan.
II. Deliver sales results through team members
• Conduct detailed annual territory and region reviews with RM’s and sales reps.
• Hold RM’s and sales reps accountable for creating and continually updating an annual business plan based on the output of the detailed annual territory and region reviews.
• Hold RM’s accountable for spending four days per week in the field with their team members for at least two consecutive days.
• Hold RM’s accountable for completing field assessment reports providing constructive feedback to team members immediately following the ride-with.
• Own the accountability follow-up for focused sales initiatives (i.e. Novation Capital, Trade Show leads, Challenger Sales Initiative etc.).
• Conduct monthly 1-on-1 region reviews including:
o Close/Loss Report
o CTM dashboard and opportunity analysis reports
o BI growth report
o Sales Rankings (bottom quartile focus)
• Conduct regularly scheduled team calls to cover topics pertinent across regions and ensure alignment on sales priorities.
• Own senior level selling with at least one large customer or IHN in each region in collaboration with the Region Manager and Corporate Accounts Manager.
• Own relationships with key clinicians who practice within the sales area.
III. Sales Operations Management
• Manage total cost center spending within budget (esp. T&E and Sample Expense).
• Ensure timely and accurate utilization of SalesForce.com by all team members. Own the quality and accuracy of your regional opportunity pipeline.
• Host and staff local, regional, and national trade shows that occur in the sales area.
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and Kimberly-Clark’s business needs.
• Bachelors Degree Required (MBA preferred)
• Minimum of 5years of Health Care Sales Experience Required
• extensive business experience, preferably including full P and L responsibility and/or major revenue and cost management.
• Results Management – Proven track record of growing sales to meet business objectives in area of responsibility Required
• Talent Management – Experience in managing sales reps and sales managers of a total team size of 10-20 people Required
-10 or more years of Medical Device Sales Experience Preferred
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.