Title: KCP Global Manufacturing Director-Wipers and Skincare
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Roswell GA just north of Atlanta
Reports to: VP Product Supply
From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. Within the K.C. Professional business the mission focuses on creating Exceptional Workplaces for our customers; Safer, Healthier and more Productive. Our teams are improving workplaces around the world with innovative products and solutions that drive continuous improvement and fulfill the needs of people at work.
Provide leadership for the manufacturing and logistics functions of the North Atlantic K-C Professional Sector to achieve specific long-term growth and profit objectives as outlined in the sector’s Global Business Plan
Primary Customers and Customer Expectations:
Customers include all levels of business management, Research and Development, Global Growth, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, state and governmental agencies, business customers and vendors. “Customer Delight” includes highest quality products and on-time services at the lowest costs.
This position leads the manufacturing and logistics effort by developing and implementing strategies which will fully utilize the resources available to the organization. This includes new organizational and management techniques, new capacity additions, upgrading of existing assets and support of business unit initiatives. It provides manufacturing and logistics managerial support and vision to ensure compatibility with the business unit’s objectives. The position provides direction to planning and distribution. The incumbent uses and implements a wide range of technologies and product developments to meet customer requirements. It also provides leadership for manufacturing and logistics as a spokesperson in the communities and at state and local governmental agencies and boards.
- Provide direct leadership to Product Supply function for the development, implementation, and modification of strategic plans, consistent with the K-C Professional marketing goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facilities produce and ship products in conformance with customer specifications and requirements on a timely basis and at the lowest delivered cost. Coordinate with peers in the Family Care Sector to deliver KCP products from shared mills on the same basis.
- Ensure that engineering’s projects, safety, quality and cost objectives and each mill’s cost, quality and safety objectives are supportive of the Sector’s goals by coordinating the communication of business requirements to the mills and the mills’ capabilities and requirements to the Sector.
- Ensure mill objectives are achieved through the implementation of operating procedures, capital management programs, and cost and quality improvement programs that are supportive of those objectives. Manage Sector capital budgeting to upgrade manufacturing equipment, maintain assets, and support business unit needs.
- Support accomplishment of the business unit profit objectives through high productivity and yield of the manufacturing process by establishing close working relationships with business, research, engineering, and customer service teams.
- Actively support the development and implementation of innovative Go-to-Market programs that are customer responsive, add value to K-C Professional customers’ businesses and transcend to a preferred supplier status.
- Coordinate with Sales, Marketing, R&D, and manufacturing units to implement product improvements and new product developments successfully on a commercial basis.
- Provide audit and control so that each mill and distribution operation has a working environment which is maintained at the highest level of housekeeping, sanitation, appearance, and physical condition to ensure full compliance with corporate policies and government regulations and the achievement of safety objectives, good manufacturing practices, and Customer Delight.
- Assure effective management of regional distribution centers with responsibility for warehouse operations, order processing, inventory control, and customer service results.
- Ensure application of established Corporate Financial Controls by providing operating management direction and support to the implementation and maintenance of financial policies, instructions and internal control procedures.
- Provide leadership to ensure the manufacturing, logistics and engineering organizations attract, develop, and retain the best people and foster an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Communicate properly and appropriately with all levels of the organization, as well as customers within and outside the corporation.
- Participate in specific plans to ensure the achievement of Safety objectives for K-C Professional
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and Kimberly-Clark’s business needs.
- College education in Business or Engineering
- Extensive technical background and highly developed general management skills
- Experience in plant management, supply chain, and external manufacturing.
- Good communication skills including the ability to lead and motivate people
- Ability to organize and plan, delegate responsibility and authority and maintain control
- Ability to provide vision and leadership to the manufacturing, logistics and engineering unit team leaders, as well as the business unit team leaders
- Ability to Travel 50%
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.