Title: Corporate Strategy Analyst
Job #14000093 , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: preferred is Dallas TX at HQ, secondary is Roswell GA and Neenah WI campuses
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Corporate Strategy
Direct reports: none
From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The Corporate Strategy Analyst will deliver competitive and industry analysis to business leaders to inform strategy. Provide strategic and tactical vision for the strategic intelligence function. Synthesize insights into meaningful actions by having strong in depth knowledge on the consumer categories in which Kimberly-Clark competes.
The Analyst will work with regional business leaders needing competitive/business intelligence, as well as related customized analysis. Senior leader sponsored strategy projects. These customers expect visionary leadership, real time analysis and competitive insights to win in the marketplace.
· Work is strongly influenced by the business P&L owners, global strategic leaders, brand champions, and C-Suite executives. Along with the colleagues of the Strategic Intelligence Team, the incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of analysis to improve K-C’s business results. He/she is expected to lead small to medium sized global projects and/or be an active contributor in large scaled global projects.
· He/she researches and synthesizes the fact base in strategic intelligence projects leveraging several sources of data. Data sources include but not limited to Nielsen market share data, pricing data, Euromonitor, Annual & Quarterly reports, investment banker analysis, financial data, articles, and other secondary and primary resources.
Expectations and Accountabilities:
1. Analyze business fundamentals, financial performances, and relative competitive positions to recommend solutions to business problems. Analysis includes competitor rollouts, pricing, promotions, product development, innovation, M&A, divestitures, reorganizations, and advertising.
2. The incumbent will provide analytical expertise and support for on-going analysis with profit pools, risk exposures, end-to-end cost curve analysis, and other financially relevant insights.
3. Analysis of enterprise competitors, business development opportunities, and enterprise trends with a focus on opportunities and threats from a corporate perspective, delivered to business leaders.
4. Be the subject matter expert (SME) on major global competitor financial positions.
5. Leveraging industry standard analysis tools, methodologies, and capabilities using case studies, templates, and software.
6. Conducting interviews, leading brainstorming sessions, find critical business information, and helping business leaders develop innovative approaches to their business
7. Provide analysis and data functions for delivery of strategic sessions and ad hoc business analysis projects via partnering with leaders across the enterprise.
8. Leverage existing and new strategic tools for strategic intelligence.
9. Participate on senior leader level projects and perform advanced business analysis for senior leadership.
10. Interpret results from multiple project components and translates these finding into clear and compelling recommendations and solutions.
11. Be the subject matter expert (SME) on major global competitors, category and financial.
12. Provides analysis and data for strategic tool initiatives (e.g. War Games, Scenario Planning Sessions) or plays the role of competitive subject matter expert for Strategic Sessions.
13. Effectively communicate insights to global constituents.
14. Proactively volunteer and do whatever tasks are needed to complete strategy projects.
15. Champions medium scale initiatives for the Strategic Intelligence function across the enterprise.
16. Responsible for reporting on the ROI for Strategic Intelligence.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job # 14000093 . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- Bachelor of Business Degree in Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Operations, Economics, or Strategy with equivalent experience. Graduate Degree (MBA) Preferred
- 2-6 years of progressive work experience in strategy, related business analysis, functional line experience with Marketing, Finance, Operations, or Sales analytics with a history of demonstrated business success
- Leading the integration and use of analytics and/or strategy throughout a company, analyzing industry competitors, designing and executing strategic sessions, scoping, planning, and leading the execution of strategic projects
- Management and facilitated use of historic knowledge and deliverables.
Strong skills and experience with:
- Translating customer requests into tangible, targeted deliverables
- Making recommendations on the best analytical approach
- Performing insightful business analysis with a strong quantitative component
- Proven business acumen; researching marketing trends, consumer insights, category analysis, financial analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of catering a message appropriately for a given audience
- Capable of networking successfully across a large company by: building trust, making decisions, winning consistently, thinking customer, continuously improvement, and building talent
- Ability to work independently
International experience with working knowledge of languages where K-C has large operations will be considered a plus.
Business travel will be based on the project needs and at times may be in excess of 50%.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.