Title: Lab Scout – Innovation Lab Portfolio Lead | Marketing
Job #140001KO , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Chicago IL
Function: Digital Marketing
Reports to: Digital Team Lead
From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The Lab Leader is responsible for driving the front-end process of the Digital Innovation Lab. This includes the project initiation and briefing process as well as the idea scouting and evaluation process and portfolio management of lab projects.
- Work with lab leadership to “define the what” and develop the briefs that will drive the lab’s idea scouting activities.
- Work closely with the Lab Governing Board and KC sector/brand leaders to build support and understanding of the Lab’s vision, mission and progress.
Idea Scouting & Evaluation
- Be the “face” of the lab driving all networking and outreach activities to the outside technology world and start-up community
- Partner with external thought leaders, organizations, and innovators to set and advance the lab’s learning agenda
- Manager the idea scouting process, building an operating plan of activities, hosting innovation events, digital accelerators & incubators
- Manage the idea evaluation process hosting Monthly Discovery Days with Lab Leaders and quarterly reviews with the Lab Governing Board
- Own the portfolio management process of the Lab, ensuring Lab projects tightly align with KC strategic priorities and sector/business needs
- The process includes building brand and stakeholder relationships to understand business opportunities and growth areas and using that to drive the idea curation and qualification process with both an internal and external community
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job # 140001KO . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- Experience managing and driving innovation projects or experience in working in a lab environment
- Strong understanding of brand/business strategy complimented by deep marketing & creative technology skills as well as a creative mindset
- Experience building components within MT landscape specifically around mobile, devices, data, media, content, eCommerce & retail innovation
- Skilled at managing stakeholders, clients (internal & external) and presenting business cases for new ideas and initiatives
- Past experience working either within or with digital agencies, creative teams and technology partners
- Experience with Social Media/Mobile, Paid, Earned & Owned media platforms & technologies | Data Analytics –Strategies, technologies, & reporting
- Excellent relationship management skills (collaboration, facilitation, communication) and the ability to engage business team members
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.