Title: Analytical Senior Scientist / Microscopy and Surface Analysis
Job #1300029J , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA just north of Atlanta
Reports to: Sr. Manager R&E
Direct reports: none
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
This position is for an Analytical Senior Scientist in the areas of Microscopy and Surface Analysis. An advanced degree in chemistry, materials science, or related field is desired with 5 -10 years of practical experience. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for characterizing materials for solving complex chemical and material problems for our internal K-C customers across the globe. The incumbent will report to the CR&E Senior Manager-Analytical Science. Key customers include: Research & Engineering, Business units, Legal, Product Safety, Regulatory and manufacturing sites.
- Principle responsibilities will be to apply analytical expertise to solve chemical and materials related problems and work as part of a microscopy/surface science characterization team within the corporate Analytical Sciences facility.
- Apply analytical knowledge to solving a variety of customer problems involving new products, process problems, failure analysis, customer complaints, and intellectual property.
- Collaborate with other Kimberly-Clark scientists to understand their material characterization needs and develop and apply techniques to address these needs.
- Effectively communicate project plans and results to internal customers through documenting work in a laboratory notebook and publishing analytical and/or formal technical reports.
- Provide protection to internally developed methodologies and technologies through the appropriate use of patents and trade secrets.
- Work closely with team members and management to identify growth areas for analytical capabilities and technologies to meet the current and future needs of the corporation.
- Be able to work safely in a lab environment, complying with all rules and regulations.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences, and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job # 1300029J . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- Candidates should possess an advanced degree in chemistry, materials science, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 5 years industrial analytical experience in the area of materials characterization and surface analysis.
- The candidate must have extensive hands-on experience in scanning electron microscopy, light microscopy, atomic force microscopy and related sample preparation techniques.
- It is also expected that the candidate will have experience with surface analysis techniques including XPS and TOF-SIMS.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and solve complex problems which require technical expertise and collaboration with other scientific disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to frequent changes in priorities and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and visual expression.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.