Title: job # 140000LR, Strategic Sourcing Manager – Marketing/Advertising
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Sr. Manager
Scope: North America in the $100s of million in spend
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager – Marketing/Advertising will be responsible for all strategic sourcing and category management of the North America Marketing and Advertising services and supply base.
The incumbent typically reports to a Senior Manager within Procurement and is responsible for managing assigned commodities, suppliers, and purchases to meet customer needs. The main challenges are:
· Responsible for procurement of assigned commodities within established policies and procedures.
· Working with customers, develop procurement strategies for specific purchases or commodities which will best meet business needs.
· Responsible to identify, evaluate, and select suppliers which best meet business needs.
· Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award complex contracts for specific purchases (complex technical, commercial, and/or financial aspects).
· Administer contracts in an equitable manner including changes, claims, waivers, releases, etc.
· Assist in formulating and managing supplier objectives.
· Manage assigned projects to reduce costs (internal and/or external) or modify procedures or systems to meet specific needs.
· Advise and train customers, as required (purchasing approaches/procedures).
1. Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the company’s requirements for assigned materials, equipment and services are fulfilled with the best quality, service and price consistent with the need.
2. Establish and manage ongoing vendor partnerships so that our needs for goods and services are met by suppliers whose quality, price, delivery, long term availability, and access to technology will provide us with competitive advantages, and ensure that any new capacity required is at no cost to K-C.
3. Develop competitive vendor strategies which lead to a more favorable business position than competition or other competitive advantage for the company.
4. Develop and formalize in writing, utilizing internal customer and external vendor inputs, the following:
· Sourcing and Category strategies which define specific elements necessary to meet stated commodity objectives.
· Vendor objectives for all major materials purchased which will serve as the basis for ongoing vendor performance evaluation.
5. Develop relationships with internal customers and suppliers which reinforce the partnership aspects inherent in the North America Procurement philosophy and objectives.
6. Develop and maintain purchasing expertise for assigned commodities and/or services.
7. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related governmental laws and regulations to ensure purchasing activities are conducted within the parameters of each.
8. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
9. Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and Kimberly-Clark’s business needs.
A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline.
5+ years of experience in marketing or promotion marketing or indirect procurement with marketing scope.
Skilled in working with people
Change management and influencing others.
Operates with minimum business direction.
Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in a multi-million dollar major purchasing commodity group. Covering digital marketing and agency sourcing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.