Title: Procurement Operations PO Team Leader
Job #140001o1, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Manager
Scope: Coordinates procurement activities (order processing and invoice resolution) of ~$3 Billion annual spend
Leads a team of 9-14 non-exempt employees.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The position provides leadership to a processing team of non-exempt personnel by providing work direction and personal development to ensure the efficient processing of purchase orders. The individual increases processing efficiency through the development of best practices, identifies opportunities for improvement, and monitors metrics in the Procure-to-Pay process. The incumbent is the team leader and primary contact for problem analysis and resolution support for their area of responsibility.
Key customers consist of North America and Global NA SAP system user community including requisitioners, Engineering, Research, Maintenance, Planning, as well as, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Parts Supply, Procurement personnel and outsourced providers.
The incumbent is responsible to provide leadership to Associate Team to ensure individual success and achievement of team goals. This role demonstrates high level problem solving of customer issues and requests and provides timely resolution. The incumbent is a subject matter expert for purchase order processing activities and leads the team through problem solving and resolution. This position is required to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Manages, leads and provides daily work direction to the Procurement Operations Associate Teams, reports to a Manager within Procurement.
• Collaborates with other organizations in the Procure-to-Pay process to develop best practices for standard use in purchase order processing.
• Ensures team compliance relating to internal controls, effective purchase order placement, order follow-up, invoice resolution, and solicitation of quotes from suppliers.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of applicable K-C policies, procedures, related governmental laws and regulations and implement continuous improvements to same.
• Leads meetings with Procurement Leadership to develop joint objectives, drive issue resolution and communicate team results.
1. Manage and lead team to achieve process efficiencies and effectiveness improvements, achieve metric goals and conduct monthly accuracy audit to ensure adherence to plan and report results to management.
2. Represent Procurement by leading or participating in and contributing to project improvement teams.
3. Demonstrate expertise in data manipulation in Excel and ability to analyze information to identify trends and opportunities. Proficient use of data to identify opportunities for cost reduction and to measure processing improvement, including increased automation and reduction of blocked invoices.
4. Initiate, develop, recommend and implement changes that improve system and process efficiencies, provide end user satisfaction and contribute to cost reductions.
5. Proactively anticipate potential team issues and roadblocks and effectively identify trends and apply solutions.
6. Within the Global Performance Management system, provide goal benchmarking, project opportunity to advance career development and personal development guidance to ensure individual and team success. Prepare and present calibration input and performance assessment documentation.
7. Work with HR to post open positions, interview and select candidates. Provide training, on-boarding and continuous mentoring to new team members.
8. Offer training assistance to internal departments, as needed, to correct inconsistencies that deviate from established procedures.
9. Work with commodity management to offer purchasing associates an opportunity to participate in projects to enhance the breadth of their experience and increase their value to Procurement.
10. Collaborate with other team leaders in the development of department and unit objectives and establish plans to measure progress towards plan achievement.
11. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
12. Communicate fully with superiors, colleagues and subordinates and work effectively in a team environment. Be informative and communicate in a way that is timely, complete, accurate and clear.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job # 140001o1 . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Four or more years of Procurement or Logistics (distribution, planning, customer service, A/P, etc) experience or expertise in the effective processing of Purchase Orders. Supervisory or leadership experience preferred. SAP experience is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and a working knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Motivated individual who is detail oriented and possesses strong analytical and organizational skills and is able to exercise independent problem solving and decision making with a high degree of initiative and self-coordination.
• Extensive knowledge of the organization and its business policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and lead a team, as needed, to achieve departmental goals.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.