Title: Plant Manager-Nogales, MX; live in Tucson, AZ
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Nogales site
Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Reports to: Sr. Director
Product Line: Adult/FemCare
Plant FTEs: about 2500
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The Plant Manager will lead the Adult and Feminine Care Nuevo Nogales Manufacturing Facility.
Leads, directs, and controls the day-to-day activities of the AFC Nuevo Nogales manufacturing facility to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives set by the overall organization business plan. Works collectively with Union Representatives to drive a highly enabled and engaged workforce. Responsible for activities such as operations, maintenance, FDA, Health Canada, ISO regulated quality control, engineering, supply and logistics, distribution, customs, accounting, IT, and administration.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Key Customers for this position are end users of products, sector management, regional sales management and marketing personnel, site managers, and mill associates.
- To safely and economically produce quality products and services
- Properly manage, maintain, and develop assets; e.g., materials/inventories, equipment, and personnel
- Ensure that organization is optimally structured to support business objectives
- Furnish collaboration support to site management
- Work collectively with the collective bargaining unit to maintain a safe and positive work climate and working conditions.
The main challenge is to establish and consolidate business activities in Nuevo Nogales while achieving business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, cost, environmental, community, and employee relations.
- Lead loss control throughout the organization by visibly demonstrating that safety is embraced as a value. Provide resources, develop safety systems and maintain those systems in accordance with Kimberly-Clark loss control management to achieve a safe working environment. Establish and ensure achievement of safety objectives and fully comply with corporate loss management policies as well as government safety and health regulations. Consistently follow the AFC Leadership Roles & Responsibilities Instruction and ensure all team members adhere to the Loss Prevention & Control Leadership Matrix. Maintain awareness within group members of the personal and work dangers from improper use of drug and alcohol. Deal quickly within corporate guidelines, with any safety, drug or alcohol issues.
- Execute appropriate Power of Attorney activities on behalf of Kimberly-Clark in accordance with CFIs, Code of Conduct and other guidelines, requirements and legislation.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and management controls for the facility in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Represent the facility in Quality issues concerning the quality system, products or actions related to the quality system.
- Ensure the fulfillment of the requirements of ISO-13485, FDA / GMP according to the policies and procedures already established. Achieve and maintain certification required assuring the availability of product in the North American market
- Provide Lean leadership and thinking to the facility teams to ensure accomplishment of facility and AFC sector objectives and to create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop, execute and keep a viable system of preventive maintenance that gives support to the team and technology already existing; and beside putting in practice automation projects.
- Drive positive employee relations with the Collective Bargaining Unit. Represent the company in Collective Bargaining Agreements. Lead the Operations in a manner that assures that all employees are treated in manner consistent with KC Policies and practices.
- Establish community relations to ensure that Kimberly-Clark is perceived as a good corporate citizen and a preferred employer.
- Develop and maintain a favorable employee relations climate that will result in all Associates considering their facility a fair and equitable place of employment with opportunity for personal development and advancement.
- Manage the operation so that the working environment is maintained at the highest level of safety, housekeeping, sanitation, appearance, and physical condition to ensure compliance with corporate policies, government regulations, and good manufacturing practices.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have a need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops, and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Develop and Review and support the administration of EHS in the plant.
- Provide support to the EHS Coordinator for the activities of this system, when it is necessary.
- Establish annual objectives related with the administration of EHS in the organization, oriented to results and the activities performance, which must be Specific, measurable, reachable, realistic, and traceable.
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and Kimberly-Clark’s business needs.
- Requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a bachelor degree.
- Position requires that candidate be multi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Incumbent must have the ability to organize and plan, delegate, lead, and motivate people, and maintain effective control.
- The position requires broad knowledge and extensive experience in business management, including the successful management of a major line or functional department.
- Must also have demonstrated proficiency with all the One K-C Behaviors.
- The incumbent must have managed a Maquiladora or other border operations, previously.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.