Title: Senior Paralegal II -Corporate
Job #140001ZT, Halyard Health/ Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Alpharetta GA
Reports to: Deputy General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Kimberly-Clark Health Care provides a portfolio of solutions that improve the health, hygiene and well-being of patients and clinicians around the world. With significant expertise in the areas of infection prevention, surgical protection, respiratory health, digestive health and pain management, Kimberly-Clark Health Care is driven to produce innovative solutions that improve both medical outcomes and business performance. Kimberly-Clark plans to spin-off Kimberly-Clark Health Care by year-end into Halyard Health, a stand-alone, publicly-traded healthcare company with leading market positions in surgical and infection prevention products and medical devices. This is the time to consider an exciting opportunity with a company committed to advancing health and healthcare by preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery. If you are inspired by the opportunity to transform healthcare delivery, join the Kimberly-Clark Health Care team!
• Assist attorneys, primarily the Deputy GC & Corporate Secretary, in providing timely legal services to clients on corporate, securities, governance, compliance, corporate secretarial, mergers and acquisitions, finance, and other legal issues. Clients include Corporate Reporting, Corporate Development, Treasury, Finance, Strategy, Tax, Compensation, Employee Benefits, Investor Relations, Communications, Audit, Security, other support functions, the Board of Directors, and senior management.
• Prepare and submit regulatory filings on behalf of Halyard.
• Assemble and analyze information and documents in response to administrative, agency and other requests, and ensure deadlines are met.
• Conduct legal research, and draft and review opinion memoranda and other documents.
• Keep informed of current laws, regulations and proposals in a variety of areas, as assigned.
• Receive work direction and assignments from the attorneys and provide functional work direction to administrative staff members.
• Facilitate communication among attorneys, customers and K-C business groups.
• Be team-oriented and communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, and others.
• Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected, regardless of their individual differences, and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job #140001ZT . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• Associate’s degree and Paralegal certificate from an ABA-accredited school or program.
• A minimum of ten years of paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house, with an emphasis on corporate affairs and transactions.
• Background in corporate affairs, corporate governance, Board-work, mergers and acquisitions, and contracts, with a general knowledge of corporate and securities law.
• Good working knowledge of Westlaw and EDGARpro.
• Excellent researching, writing, communicating, and analyzing skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a heavy and multi-directional workload.
• Undergraduate degree (bachelor’s degree or higher) earned with solid academic credentials.
• Strategic, innovative, and creative quality of mind.
• Extremely bright, with strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling this person to be persuasive and able to communicate efficiently and effectively with others.
• A team player within the Legal Department as well as within Halyard, who is cooperative, encourages collaboration, builds consensus, easily gains the trust and support of superiors and peers and finds common ground and solve problems.
• Natural leadership ability with enthusiasm, confidence and self esteem, balanced with a caring for people that invites others to seek his or her advice and judgment and encourages team work and cooperation.
• Good business acumen with good judgment, and can provide business partners with timely and appropriately risk balanced advice and guidance.
• Stamina and self assurance to maintain effective working relationships and quality legal services in a demanding and diverse environment.
• Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
• Exemplifies the leadership behaviors recognized as critical to Halyard: Building Trust, Making Decisions, Winning Consistently, Thinking Customer, Continuously Improving and Building Talent.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.