Title: Associate Finance Business Analyst for Customer Development
Job #1400020P , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Business Analyst Team Lead- Customer Development
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The ABA will contribute to the achievement of net sales, profit and share objectives by providing the Customer Development team with timely financial analysis and information to facilitate sound business decisions.
Key customers include:
• Customer Development Finance Senior Director
• Customer Development Vice President and Consume Sales Vice President
• Customer Development Leadership Team (Sales Planning, Sales Strategy, Analytics, Distribution, Human Resources, and Vice President/General Managers of Sales Teams)
• Customer Development Business Analysis
• Business Unit Business Analysis
The ABA provides financial support for the Customer Development team at a National level. This position supports the achievement of business results by assisting in effective business and financial planning and by participating in the development and implementation of operating plans. Principal activities of this position include ensuring that SG&A is accurately forecasted and controlled, completing National reporting requirements and supporting ad hoc requests of the Leadership Team, VPs and Business Analysts.
• Provide the Customer Development team with financial advice and counsel on all pertinent business matters by supplying ongoing, timely, and meaningful financial analysis, both routine and as needed of business results, trade promotion, and other expenses.
• Complete SG&A budgets and forecasts for the Vice President-Customer Development, Vice-President-Consumer Sales, and their deputies. Provide insights into trends and opportunities to enable efficient and effective gap management.
• Support the effort to track and evaluate National performance for Volume, Net Sales, Trade Promotion, Contribution, and other results versus budget and forecasts and provide status updates to the Vice President(s), Senior Director – Finance, and other Customer Development Leadership as appropriate.
• Support the Customer Development Business Analysts in customer team requests, analytics, reporting, and plan development as needed.
• Ensure application of efficient and effective financial and operating controls within the Corporation. Promote sound internal control programs and support the Corporation’s requirement for strong central financial control by reporting to the Senior Director of Finance – Customer Development, whenever Corporate Financial Policies or instructions are not being followed or appear inappropriate, inadequate or out-of-date.
• Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based approach to business support.
• Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; and clear, yet responsive.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job # 1400020P . Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- BS Finance Related Field
• Minimum of 2 years proven and progressive experience in corporate finance.
• Strong business judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Exceptional ability to influence without authority.
• A proven track record of high performance.
• Knowledge of the financial and business implications of general business practices is essential.
• Knowledge of Customer Development tools is desirable.
• Passion to be an integral partner to the business. Role and environment requires a person that will be an active member of the Customer Development senior leadership team.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.