Title: Global Commodity Manager
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Neenah WI (south of Green Bay) or Roswell GA (near Atlanta)
Function: Procurement (Fasteners, Elastics & Peel Strip)
Reports to: Director Nonwovens & Component Film
Scope: $150-180 million spend
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Abbreviated job description from the website.
The Global Commodity Manager sets the global strategy for a specific category, (Fasteners, Elastics & Peel Strip) ensuring K-C is leveraging its global volumes, spend and relationships in a way that benefits K-C as an enterprise. They would also ensure implementation and compliance with global strategy across all of K-C.
This is an excellent opportunity for highly-motivated candidates to develop further their existing leadership skills and experience within the Global Procurement Organization. This position is a vital and strategic position for K-C in a fast moving and dynamic global market, and requires creative and innovative procurement leadership skills to secure the lowest cost in use with sustainable supply and quality materials for K-C. The Fasteners, Elastics & Peel Strip position is a highly valued and respected position in the market and carries responsibilities to drive and shape market expectations to create value for K-C. We encourage candidates who meet the requirements below to apply.
Setting category strategy
• Sets global strategy aligned to business needs and reviews on a regular basis
• Sets aggressive targets for cost reduction globally
• Responsible for providing expert-level category knowledge, with knowledge of the supply base and global market
• Creates global execution plan (Global categories)
• Present category strategy to the Global Procurement Council (GPC) for approval
• Understands global benchmarks (pricing and practices)
• Lead regional category strategy reviews to ensure they are aligned with the global strategy
• Maximize best practice tools and techniques delivered as part of the global procurement academy
• Drive CI / Lean within the procurement team and work with customers on their lean initiatives
Supplier relationship management (Global categories)
• Primary face to the supplier
• Owns and manages supplier relationship
• Negotiates on behalf of the K-C enterprise
• Drive innovation with all suppliers along with CI / Lean within their organizations to drive additional value
• Guarantee continuity of supply and deliver exceptional value to the business
• Maximize cost savings and value creation with all supplies to improve K-C’s level of profitability.
• Maintain close, co-operative relationships with key customers including R&E, mill process teams, product development and sales & marketing
Leadership & people development
• Represents the category at global meetings as appropriate
• Develops tools for regional buyers
• Develop regional buyer capabilities and successors for your role
• Ensure that internal control requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner
• Drive cross category and cross regional relationships to leverage greater value and opportunities
• Solicits input on a regular basis from regional buyers and incorporates into strategy
• Engages category stakeholders as needed to understand business unit needs
• Shares best practices and wins within the category across all regions
• Challenges and pushes team to achieve aggressive savings targets
• Escalates alignment issues to Global Procurement Leadership (GPL)
• Ensures regional alignment with global strategy
• Understands and manages regional differences
• Drive cross regional collaboration and team building to swipe best practices and ideas
• Develops and maintains knowledge-base of the category
• Keeps current framework of operations to ensure transfer of knowledge over time
• Develop a passion for the category and become recognized internally and externally as an expert
• Develop knowledge of all fiber to leverage K-C’s position and drive lower cost in use sustainable supply options
Interested? You can also contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow a more intelligent discussion between your career goals and Kimberly-Clark’s business needs.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education required/ preferred: University degree or procurement relevant equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 5 year’s experience in procurement or closely related field with multiple business exposure. 15 years in procurement or related fields with multiple business exposure preferred. Experience working with global focus preferred. Ability to do 50% travel.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.