Title: IT Vendor Manager
Company: Halyard Health/ Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Roswell GA and then Alpharetta GA
Reports to: Strategy and Performance Lead
Kimberly-Clark Health Care provides a portfolio of solutions that improve the health, hygiene and well-being of patients and clinicians around the world. With significant expertise in the areas of infection prevention, surgical protection, respiratory health, digestive health and pain management, Kimberly-Clark Health Care is driven to produce innovative solutions that improve both medical outcomes and business performance. Kimberly-Clark plans to spin-off Kimberly-Clark Health Care by Nov. 1st into Halyard Health, a stand-alone, publicly-traded(NYSE) healthcare company with leading market positions in surgical and infection prevention products and medical devices. This is the time to consider an exciting opportunity with a company committed to advancing health and healthcare by preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery. If you are inspired by the opportunity to transform healthcare delivery, join the Kimberly-Clark Health Care team!
The IT Vendor Manager is responsible for performing a combination of contract, performance and relationship management roles for key K-C Health Care IT vendors. Reporting to the Portfolio Management Office Lead, this position is accountable for enabling consistent vendor management practices across IT including the establishment of consistent roles, governance processes and standardized score cards for key IT vendors. K-C Health Care IT vendor roles include the delivery of IT products (hardware or software) or IT services (consulting, application development, maintenance etc.). The IT Vendor Manager will drive the establishment of the Vendor Management Office (VMO) and the on-boarding and on-going engagement of key IT vendors supporting K-C Health Care delivery and support capabilities. Additional responsibilities including working with K-C Health Care’s procurement and finance arms to solicit, select and finalize new IT contracts, providing regular measurement, reporting and oversight of key IT vendor performance and contract adherence, coordinating improvement activities when needed, and promoting the value of K-C Health Care’s IT vendors and service provider contracts.
• Design and Establish the Vendor Management Office (VMO) under the overall guidance of the PMO Lead
• Lead the design and deployment of industry standard Vendor Management processes and engage with / manage IT vendors
• Deploy and continuously improve standard vendor management scorecard and review process
• Lead annual executive reviews for all vendors managed under the Vendor Management Office
• Work with operational teams to monitor and report on IT vendor performance in areas including quality, performance, financial and relationship status
• Collect, consolidate and communicate vendor performance and relationship score results to both stakeholders and IT vendors and establish vendor improvement programs as appropriate
• Analyze problem areas and help improve overall vendor performance and, where necessary, resolve disputes with IT vendors
• Assist IT subject matter experts and procurement with IT vendor evaluation (e.g. selection criteria, procedures, and best practice tools and templates)
• Assist procurement staff to negotiate with vendors to enable more cost-effective acquisitions
• Provide appropriate support/training to senior staff that engage with individual vendor accounts
• Work with finance teams to provide financial information for the annual budget; identify cost reductions
• Manage communications with vendors
Interested? Please send your resume to Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• BA, BS or Master’s degree in Business or Information systems related discipline, MBA is a plus
• 3+ years of Vendor Management Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience
• Experience in vendor management, including management of third-party vendors and contract negotiation
• Experience in project/asset management, contract administration and vendor relations in a technology environment are desirable
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) experience is desired
• IT Procurement experience is desired
• Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors, projects and a wide range of tasks
• Deep organizational discipline and excellent follow-up skills
• Ability to bridge communication between the IT organization and its business customers, with a focus on developing an understanding of what the IT organization and its vendors can deliver and how that can be measured most effectively
• Ability to manage across organizational boundaries, with the goal of understanding key drivers and influencers
• Interpersonal relationship strengths for managing disputes and driving change in vendor behaviors, and creating a working environment where vendors receive incentives to change behaviors to meet performance goals
• Analytical in his or her approach to problem solving with a focus on managing in a team environment with attention to results and with a sense of urgency
• Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving/analysis skills
• Ability to work well at all levels of the organization from executive and down, both in a team setting and as an individual contributor
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.