Title: Debt Capital Markets and Enterprise Risk Manager
Company: Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH)
Location: Alpharetta GA
Function: Finance and Accounting
Reports to: VP FP&A
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com.
We have created the Treasury organization for Halyard Health (the “Company”), a new global public healthcare company, resulting from the spin-off of Kimberly-Clark’s Health Care business. In 2014 the company had $1.6 billion in global revenue with 16,000 employees.
The Capital Markets and Enterprise Risk Manager provides leadership on capital structure, funding, corporate cash flow and balance sheet forecasting and financial risk management for the Company. This key individual develops and executes the corporation’s short-term and long-term financing plan and serves as an advisor to senior leadership in the corporation’s capital allocation decisions. The role includes the nurturing and managing of credit rating agency and global credit banking relationships. Managing compliance with the Company’s credit agreements. This individual leads the foreign currency and interest rate risk management programs and supports the corporate strategy on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and M&A initiatives. The role also supports the Company’s real estate management for its various properties it owns and leases. The incumbent must be knowledgeable in systems, including Treasury Management Systems (TMS), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), project management techniques, continuous improvement methodologies and change management techniques. This role provides leadership, performance coaching, and support to a small team of analysts that support capital markets and other Treasury and ERM support functions including supporting of the execution of the team’s annual goals and objectives.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer, Domestic and International Business Units, Treasurer’s Office staff, Corporate FP&A, Corporate Reporting, Tax, Legal and Accounting Departments.
Customers require analysis on a variety of Treasury and ERM related processes and systems. Customers expect and must receive prompt, accurate and courteous service.
The incumbent drives capital finance and financial and enterprise risk management strategy including the analysis and execution of financing plans and management of the credit rating agency. The individual will interact with all levels of internal management, external banking partners, investment professionals, ITS personnel, and other Centers of Excellence (COE’s).
• Develop, analyze and recommend capital structure and capital allocation decisions for the Corporation and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to capital spending, dividend, share repurchase, repatriation etc.
• Plan and manage the efficient utilization of debt capital for the Corporation in the capital markets (public debt issues, credit line facilities)
• Continually evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines
• Oversee the intercompany lending program
• Analyze and recommend the borrowing risk tolerance for the organization, as well as recommend performance benchmarks
• Oversee compliance requirements of corporate debt covenants
• Analyze long-term forecasts and work with Tax, Corporate Reporting, Corporate FP&A to develop long-term cash flow and balance sheet forecasts and determine the amount and appropriate mix of financing to meet domestic and international cash requirements
• Manage relationships with the company’s financial services providers, including rating agencies and credit relationship banks
• Identify & analyze foreign exchange risk and direct the actions necessary to hedge the risk as appropriate, including derivative trade execution
• Manage the interest rate risk management program and fixed float portfolio
• Monitor and establish policy regarding financial counterparty risk
• Support the analysis and oversight of the Corporation’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) plan
• Lead Treasury support to the Corporation’s M&A activities
• Ensure compliance with SOX controls, anti-money laundering regulations and other rules governing debt. Also, ensure the annual review of applicable Treasury internal controls to ensure all policies and procedures are up to-date.
• Enhance analytics by developing, communicating and executing best practices and processes around debt, analysis, and global consolidated forecasting.
• Participate in training of team members, and career development efforts to ensure that the financial organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team, regardless of their individual differences, to fully utilize their capabilities in achieving desired business results.
• Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have a need to know and in a way that is timely, complete, accurate and clear.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
Basic and Preferred Qualifications:
- A B.S. / B.A. degree, an M.B.A. degree or other advanced degree in economics, statistics, or similar fields is a plus, and a minimum of 8 years of experience in finance and treasury, with a minimum of 4 years in a corporate treasury management role.
• Experience with multi-national company and matrixed organizations
• Knowledge of transactional and translational currency transactions.
• Strong understanding of capital markets and derivatives products
• Familiarity with FXAll and Bloomberg a plus
• Experience in SEC reporting & SOX compliance, as well as statutory and GAAP reporting a plus
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.