Title: Senior Analyst Corporate Reporting
Company: Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH)
Location: Alpharetta GA – HQ
Function: Finance & Accounting
Reports to: Corporate Reporting Team Lead
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com.
We are creating the Corporate Reporting organization for a new global public healthcare company, Halyard Health. This is a great opportunity for a motivated accountant/analyst providing an experience with a newly traded company and the opportunity to help establish our new team.
The Corporate Reporting Senior Analyst will develop best practices, prepare, control, review, and analyze internal and external financial statements and reports across the Halyard Health global businesses.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Senior management, board of directors and governmental agencies – provide accurate and timely financial statements and analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Business unit and other financial department personnel – provide accurate and timely information related to accounting matters and Corporate Financial Instructions and help them in their responsibilities.
The Senior Analyst reports to the Corporate Reporting Team Leader. The processing of financial data occurs for monthly, quarterly and annual actual results, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets. This is done according to a fixed schedule and meeting deadlines is critical. Strict internal controls must be followed to ensure accuracy and confidentiality. Complex accounting issues and consolidated accounting require the incumbent to have in-depth knowledge of current accounting and reporting theory and practices, including FASB and SEC releases and Halyard’s Corporate Financial Instructions, as well as accuracy, timeliness and flexibility.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have a need to know. Be informative and to the point. Communicate in a way that is timely complete, candid and clear.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance and provide accounting and financial reporting expertise to various reporting entities to meet their needs.
- Assist in coordinating monthly closing schedules with worldwide reporting locations to ensure complete, timely and accurate flow of financial data necessary for corporate and other reporting requirements.
- Assist in reviewing and consolidating financial information, to ensure that consolidated financial statements are timely, accurate and in accordance with all laws, rules, guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles. This includes prepare necessary consolidation adjustments, reconcile inter-company balances on a timely basis and assist in the preparation of schedules for actual results.
- Perform project assignments and special reviews and analyses as required to ensure proper accounting practices and to assist management in the evaluation of the business.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls by the effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies and instructions as directed by the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, and by the establishment, maintenance and audit of effective and reliable control procedures consistent with those policies and instructions.
- Support the Corporation’s program for strong central financial control by reporting to the Assistant Controller – Corporate Reporting whenever corporate financial policies or instructions are not being followed, or appear inappropriate, inadequate or out-of-date.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
The position requires a formal accounting education and two to five years of accounting experience; a CPA certificate is preferred. The incumbent must be able to work with others, communicate effectively with personnel at all levels in the Corporation, serve as a backup for team members and work under deadlines and workload pressures. HFM (Hyperion/Essbase) experience is preferred.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.