Title: Strategic Senior Consultant – Procurement
Job #140003VD , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA, just north of Atlanta
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Product Line: Nonwovens
Scope: Global and across functions
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 63 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
At Kimberly-Clark we spend hundreds of millions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our sourcing team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders so that we understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that drive value, so that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
This position supports the Global Procurement leader. Expectations for this role include:
- Leads massive data analysis effort in condensed time frames for mega/global/multi-regional sourcing initiatives
- Support the effort of building central repository of global category management center of excellence
- Manages and facilitates the “Build for Success” programs to ensure timely execution across all disciplines
- Creates and maintains visual workplace standard work and metrics, including scorecards
- Manage and address questions related to GSA (Global Spend Analytics) and assist in the generation of required reports to the global team and business stakeholders.
- Maintain the KCP Purchasing Sharepoint Site.
- Develop, coordinate and follow-up on strategic Talent Management/OGSIM initiatives.
- Work with the GPA (Global Procurement Academy) to coordinate logistics related to training and group activities with Global and Sub-regional managers.
- Identify local trainers for purchasing and other areas such as finance or legal.
- Perform spend analysis for KCP business to identify opportunities for additional value.
- Prepare highlights / presentations for the monthly update on Cost Transformation goals
- Provide input / verification to the Global Analyst on pricing forecast for KCP specific needs.
This position works closely with the business units regarding the application and
integration of procurement philosophies and techniques to meet the needs of
internal customer requirements from a category sourcing perspective. This role
facilitates senior leader meetings between Kimberly-Clark Purchasing and our
strategic business partners to drive innovation and value creation. Change
management skills are critical to success.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Broad base of customers that could include: Global Procurement team, business management, finance, A/P, receiving, ITS, transportation, operations, R&D, internal control, marketing, planning, engineering, or other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
- Fully knowledgeable in procurement consulting practices and business solutions.
- Develops robust strategies based on this knowledge.
- Support global category leaders to execute major sourcing initiatives.
- Serve as a thought leader to the rest of the organization for strategic sourcing ideas, cost transformation value driven initiatives, and written communication standards.
- Knowledgeable of market conditions for goods/services purchases.
- Leads, schedules and facilitates leadership meetings between purchasing and strategic business partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills is a must.
Typically reports to a Director within Procurement and is responsible for managing all data analytics related to FORCE (internal savings program ) savings and facilitate training needs with the GPA team.
The individual must work across multiple functions within the entire Integrated Supply Chain and use influencing skills to manage their success.
Utilize consulting experience to teach the global purchasing team new skills sets to enable them to become a world class procurement organization. Be a visionary
- Ability to clearly articulate FORCE updates with senior leadership.
- Concisely pull together reports highlighting month over month changes related to cost transformation goals.
- Work strategically across different organizational functions to develop great working relationships.
- Proactively provide solutions to complex issues that negatively impact cost transformation goals.
- Is a strategic thought leader sought out by individuals for opinions and suggestions.
- Lead and develop comprehensive business reviews with standard work process.
- Knowledgeable about the markets and how they affect price, availability, or supply chain logistics. Will use specific market analysis to predict behavior and supply risks to the organization. May provide market analysis to customers and advice to others within procurement.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information. Sending your resume can allow the start of our process in discussing your career plans versus the needs of our client.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in a major international purchasing commodity group
- 5 or more years consulting experience with multiple business/multiple regions exposure
- Experience in leading by example and leading by influencing
- Project Management experience
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple business lines
- Master degree
- Experience in working with multiple virtual teams globally simultaneously
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.