Title: IT Strategy and Performance Leader
Company: Halyard Health, formerly of Kimberly-Clark
Location: Alpharetta GA just north of Atlanta
Reports to: Global Professional Services Lead
Product Line: medical device and infection control
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries through 16,000 dedicated employees. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com.
Reporting to the Global Professional Services Leader, this position is accountable for managing the delivery of best in class processes to aid in the planning and operation of Halyard’s Global IT function. The position will leverage both internal and partner resources in the delivery of these services. The position will have three primary groups under its authority: IT Strategy and Architecture, Portfolio, Program and Project Management and IT Service Management.
• Set and maintain the portfolio, budget, governance, IT service management and vendor management approach across the IT function
• Drive the strategy for IT initiatives such as legacy integration / modernization and ERP system consolidation to drive standardization, lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and business innovation
• Foster innovation through a formal and regular methodology to identify/review emerging technology and industry trends, gather inputs/ideation from technology and business staff and align with current/future business needs
• Ensure that investments and initiatives (both new and enhanced IT services) are aligned with business strategy and organizational priorities
• Drive and govern the creation and maintenance of global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans for Halyard Health Care’s IT portfolio
• Provide broad understanding of Halyard Health Care platforms and applications across all technologies to both IT and business leadership
• Provide leadership to the IT Strategy and architecture team in to understand business needs, foster and evaluate innovation, ensure the alignment of current and future IT services and create/maintain both one time and regular IT strategies and associated architectural standards
• Serve as the escalation point to address enquiries pertaining to IT processes, polices, standards and compliance
• Consolidate, validate and report on IT Financials including investments, budgets, actual versus planned spend, forecasts, allocation and benefits
• Drive escalation activities across the Halyard IT organization and its external providers in areas such as service level management, major incident resolution, and governance
• Oversee value metrics to enable project and initiative leaders make decisions in order to maximize returns across enterprise projects and programs
• Provide a consolidated view to IT and business leadership on the value (effectiveness, efficiency and business alignment) of the IT function
• Provide leadership and management of staff including mentoring and career development
• Identify and develop talent within the organization
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• BA, BS or Master’s degree in a Computer Science or Information systems related discipline, MBA is a plus
• 10+ years of experience defining IT Strategy in a global organization (implementation and transformation experience a plus)
• 4+ years of experience in strategy and architecture roles in design, development or execution
• 4+ years of experience in program/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
• Strong financial acumen and with experience in IT service pricing/allocation and IT investment management
• Experience leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers
• Ability to understand and define the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term technology perspectives of changing business situations
• Possess working knowledge of ITSM policies, procedures and best practices
• Ability to monitor program/portfolio financial performance and identify any issues that negatively impact its delivery and address them as needed
• Experience leading multiple teams
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate across disparate IT and business organizations
• Experience in global IT organizations
• Possess working knowledge of SDLC policies, procedures and best practices
• Ability to establish relationships with business and IT leaders, as well as the technology subject matter experts
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organization levels
• ITIL, PMP/PMI or equivalent certifications, a plus
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.