Title: Senior Manager of Data Innovation & Analytics
Job #1400023A , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA or Neenah WI
Reports to: Global Director
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 63 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The mission for the Senior Manager of Data Innovation & Analytics is to develop and lead a team that defines, and establish programs in Big Data, Data Visualization and Analytics technologies as well as manage data innovation and to succeed in the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives.
In conjunction with the global and regional business units, corporate functions, and the ITS leadership team, the position is responsible for transforming our valuable data assets into strategic solutions that provide insight to drive business growth, Customer and Consumer insights, as well as developing strategic working relationship between information systems and the business units supported within the organization.
The Sr. Manager will direct and manage information based services that enable more timely and effective use of data innovation technologies including: Big Data, Data Visualization Technologies, Predictive Analytics and the innovative platforms that are changing the way business views its data assets (MPP, In-Memory DB’s, Graph DB’s, NoSQL, etc.). The incumbent will also provide leadership and management for resources and tools that support these technologies on an enterprise-wide basis.
The rapid changes and varieties in IT technologies and practices will require strategic insight and vision on how information can be used by K-C business units for Global, Regional, and local competitive advantage. The incumbent must also be extremely knowledgeable on the end-end end information provisioning process in a global multinational organization, as well as, the technical acumen to influence the vendor community and drive information delivery efficiency and effectiveness. The position also requires excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate goals, plans and status.
The Sr. Manager will be expected to lead multiple simultaneous initiatives with highly skilled teams; manages career development for team; coordinate the ongoing development of global IT plans, projects, and processes; maintains active working relationships with business unit leaders to ensure a high degree of alignment of IT resources to business strategy
Assessing and managing the vast variety of technologies (hardware and software) and their coordinated applications into an array and variety of needs, requires a strategic viewpoint on the part of the incumbent. The incumbent must ensure that the business, staff support and business units serviced are able to take full advantage of state-of-the-art technology and services to ensure cost effectiveness within business units. The incumbent must closely coordinate with ITS peers responsible for technology to ensure a current understanding of technology trends and how these trends shape ITS alternatives presented to the business units. Future cost trends as well as current costs impact the business unit and must be clearly understood.
• Initiate and maintain a long-range Data Innovation plan consistent with business objectives. Plans should identify innovative opportunities utilizing both emerging and existing technologies to provide strategic and tactical advantages in planning, managing and exploiting a variety of information sources available to the organization.
• Direct the analysis, development, implementation and support in delivering Big Data solutions for all countries in the appropriate market facing or enterprise manner. Provide the best cost/benefit performance of technologies and services by effectively organizing and utilizing department resources, and managing budgets and projects congruent with cost guidelines and Corporate Financial policies.
• Establish methods and procedures for the use of Big Data, Data Visualization and Predictive Analytics. Engage Global Process Owners to define information needs, agree on innovation targets, and create plans that manage toward the targets identified in the plan. Build a new innovations team responsible for delivering and supporting best practice solutions, methods and processes across the corporation. Develop a communications plan including a website which conveys the plan and results to the corporation’s key stakeholders.
• Establish a state-of-the-art innovation and analytics development team, capable of successful development and implementation. This leader must both hire and build out the existing team to continually improve the quality of resources through career development planning and training. Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results. The incumbent must ensure that the corporation has leading edge capability in this area leveraging internal and external resources.
• Establish a Center of Excellence that enables the business with self-service information integration (sand-boxes) and advanced reporting. Establish processes for governing the identification, integration, and use of corporate data for self-service; taking steps to assure control, accuracy and validity of information sources. Conduct capacity planning, innovation life cycle analysis, and usage requirements for Big Data. Create strategies and plans for data security and business continuity. Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
This role will have a number of senior level positions reporting into it that will, in turn, operate a global organization that will have global and local responsibilities across regions. Total headcount of the organization will start at 6 and is expected to be in the 16+ range plus the accountability for the performance of many more external service and software providers.
Key Internal Stakeholders:
• Regional and functional Presidents and Vice-Presidents
• Sector, country, operations, and service organizations of KC globally
• Global analytics and Big Data consumers
• Business based analysts and local business resources
• ITS leadership including the enterprise architecture team
Key External Stakeholders:
• Strategic executive leadership with key data innovation delivery partners
• Senior leadership within Strategy and Research organizations
• Professional associations and speaking at major conferences
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on job #1400023A. Sending your resume can allow us to jump start our process!
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Masters Preferred)
• 10+ years relevant Data Innovation experience.
- Understanding in Big Data Technologies: MPP, In-Memory, NoSQL, In DB Analytics, etc.
- A sought after thought leader knowledgeable in current and future business, technological and industry trends, with a broad network of relationships with other thought leaders.
- World class knowledge of advanced analytics architecture, deployment, and support
- Global capability delivery experience and experience leading large projects
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering advanced analytics programs
- Experience leading large teams and leaders of teams
• Ability to present publicly as a thought leader
• Proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation
• At ease in establishing senior-level working relationships and communications
• Ability to deliver a clear yet compelling and realistic business case
• Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts
- Experience and knowledge developing strategic planning, leadership, and organization delivery for “Big Data” across a Global Enterprise.
• Experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis and support of business intelligence initiatives.
• Previous Hands-on experience with business intelligence design, tools, and reporting.
• Direct experience in implementing data management processes and procedures for decision support.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes
• Previous Hands-on experience with database platforms, specifically MSSQL, SAP-BW, HANA, DB2, and Netezza.
• Working knowledge of data architecture industry trends
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
• Previous Hands-on experience of reporting and presentation tools including BOBJ, MSBI, SAP BW, MOBI, HTML5, Flash, SAS, R and other toolsets
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.