Title: IT Strategy Architect Lead
Company: *Halyard Health Corporation
Location: Alpharetta GA
Reports to: Sr. Manager IT Strategy & Performance
The Strategy Architect Leader is responsible for providing leadership direction for strategic application architecture plans, standards, system design, and implementation with a focus on mapping Halyard Health Care’s IT capabilities to business needs. Reporting to the Global Professional Services Leader, this position is accountable for developing and tailoring application design concepts, defining architecture standards, recommending how to proceed with legacy applications (replace, retire, maintain etc.) and implementation plans for the efficient transformation of the current application portfolio.
• Create and maintain architectural best practices and standards that address applications, data, and technology in the context of business processes across the Halyard Health Care IT landscape
• Lead analysis of leading technology, industry, and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture with a focus on aligning and enabling Halyard Health Care’s business strategy
• Provide leadership direction for the overall strategic application architecture plans, system design, and implementation at Halyard Health Care
• Provide broad understanding of Halyard Health Care platforms and applications across all technologies to both IT and business leadership
• Lead analysis of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
• Define the strategy for IT initiatives such as legacy integration / modernization and ERP system consolidation to drive standardization, lower total cost of ownership (TOC) and business innovation
• Work with project teams across the organization to develop and apply architectural best practices and standards including performing a more involved advisory role on complex initiatives
• Develop and maintain global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans for Halyard Health Care’s IT portfolio
• Provide leadership and management of staff including mentoring and career development
• Identify and develop talent within the organization
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• BA, BS or Master’s degree in a Computer Science or Information systems related discipline, MBA is a plus
• 10+ years of software design and implementation experience
• 5+ years of Architecture leadership roles in design, development and execution in a global organization
• Experience across multiple architecture environments including ERP systems (e.g. SAP), customer facing technologies (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other enterprise technologies
• Able to establish relationships with business and IT leaders, as well as the technology subject matter experts
• Knowledge of IT research methods and procedures. Includes the knowledge of technical trends and the ability to apply technologies to address business needs
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Ability to understand & define the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term technology perspectives of changing business situations
• Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture options and alternatives
• Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
• Manage and direct multiple engagements developing key architecture artifacts and standards while following standard architecture development processes and guidelines
• Experience working in a global or similarly structured organization
* Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.