Title: Procurement Senior Consultant: Facilities & BPO
Job #1500015W, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay (https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc).
Reports to: Team Lead
Direct reports: none
At Kimberly-Clark we spend hundreds of millions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our sourcing team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders so that we understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that drive value, so that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Procurement Senior Consultant is responsible for the timely and cost-effective strategic sourcing of complex goods and services in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. The role will procure one or more major commodities, advise and counsel in complex sourcing situations, and lead negotiations for new and/or key materials/services required by the corporation. As the Procurement Senior Consultant for BPO, the incumbent will manage the highly complex activities of K-C’s BPO providers (Facilities, HR, Finance, Procurement) and interact with senior level stakeholders for support of these providers. The incumbent will also procure the portion of Facilities not part of the BPO.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Broad base of customers that could include: senior level VP’s, Global Procurement team, business management, finance, A/P, receiving, ITS, transportation, operations, R&D, internal control, marketing, planning, engineering, or other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
- Fully knowledgeable in their commodity or service. Develops robust strategies based on this knowledge.
- Serve as a thought leader to the rest of the organization for the strategic sourcing of the categories for which they are responsible.
- Provide timely execution of earlier supplier selection into the product development cycle
- Procure assigned goods and services which provide the best overall value to KC.
- Develop pricing agreements and systems contracts with suppliers.
- Knowledgeable of market conditions for goods/services purchases.
- Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify new materials to be strategically sourced
- Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, where applicable
Communication of category strategy and status to senior management to ensure alignment.
- Manage through a commodity, service or inventory crisis
The incumbent typically reports to a Director or Manager of Procurement. He/She provides leadership for the procurement of major materials/services, and leads critical projects involving new materials, sourcing, and procurement negotiations. The incumbent provides technical direction, advice, and counsel on a wide array of procurement issues, bringing broad depth and breadth of experience to handle buying in complex and/or rapidly changing marketplaces.
Value of purchases typically would be in the range of $100-$200 million.
Nature of purchases is highly complex and includes management of Procurement of multiple Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) towers and ongoing management of that supplier relationship.
Materials/services purchased would be necessary to support a profit or growth opportunity for a sector.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- Develops a thorough strategic plan to drive value for their category based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution and benchmarking. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for the strategy.
- For the services and materials procured, research, develop, and qualify appropriate sources of supply and maintain good business relationships with them. Work with the business groups and project teams to develop sourcing objectives and strategies.
- Provide purchasing leadership for major construction projects.
- Work with customers throughout the Company to develop procurement objectives and strategies which best meet the customer’s needs. Purchase the assigned services and materials in a professional manner achieving purchases which are the best overall values to the Company considering the technical quality, commercial terms and conditions, and cost to use.
- Work with various Purchasing groups to assist them in procuring and negotiating complex purchases.
- Assist customers in the administration of purchases to ensure that materials and services are delivered on schedule with the proper quality; that the terms, conditions, and pricing are observed; and, that changes, disputes, and claims are equitably and satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensure the application of established Corporate financial controls by providing management direction and support for the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s financial policies and internal control procedures.
- Provide SSM staff training as requested and needed.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in business, engineering, or a related discipline with continued updating in area of expertise and in related fields
- 15 or more years of experience in purchasing work with 6 or more years in area of expertise and both mill and staff experiences
- Specific experience in material development, manufacturing, or equipment development
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 63 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.