Title: Purchase to Pay Global Process Owner
Job # 150001BK, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA
Reports to: VP or Director of Procurement
Direct reports: several
Lead the strategic vision for the global Purchase to Pay (P2P) by driving standardization of processes, aligning policies and investigating and selecting best practices and enabling technologies that will add value to the end to end P2P process. Customers and Customer Expectations:
- As global process owner, the position oversees the design, development, and deployment (to the greatest extent possible) of standard global processes across North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
- The position provides stewardship, in collaboration with other key stakeholders, to assure that quality, operating, financial, and customer satisfaction objectives are achieved. The position approves documents and communicates any approved exceptions from standard processes and policies.
- The position extends from the businesses on the requisition side thru procurement on the order side, and finally thru finance on the accounts payable end.
- The position evaluates, recommends, prioritizes, and oversees deployment of relevant enabling technology. This will include identification of emerging software tools, feasibility evaluation (economic and functional) and coordination of deployment.
- This position would streamline strategic guidance and decision making thru a governance structure. He/she would bring strategies, budget, decisions, policies/procedures from the Global P2P Governance Board to the Global Implementation Team while escalating recommendations from the Global Implementation Teams to the Governance Board and Sponsor.
- The position helps to make sure that process cost and service excellence benefits are being properly realized
- Oversees central and global project resources during the design and implementation phase of P2P initiatives
- Liaises with other key stakeholders as to the performance of the Global P2P service delivery network.
- Collaborates with other process stakeholders to identify current and future service delivery opportunities, evaluate design modifications, identify/communicate legitimate policy exceptions, and consider enabling technology. These other stakeholders would include Corporate, NABU and European Procurement, Corporate Tax, Group and BU Finance, and Corporate Treasury.
- Liaises with other key stakeholders regarding financial controls and regulatory compliance. These stakeholders would include Internal Audit, Corporate Tax, Corporate Legal, Corporate Controllers Group, Internal Control Directors, Corporate Security and the Independent Auditors (i.e., Ernst & Young).
- Liaises with the leadership of the Governance Board and Global Implementation Team
Principal Accountabilities: Strategy (40%)
- Develops strategy and establishes policy of a global nature for the P2P process, identifying and documenting regulatory exceptions and other genuine exceptions.
- Develops and proposes strategic 3-year plan with underlying assumptions pertaining to sourcing, process, technology, and workforce development.
- Designs internal organization and/or outsource relationship with capability to deliver against strategic objectives.
- Collaborates with IT leadership to identify investment in relevant technology to drive efficiency and improve service levels.
- Liaises with external peer group and professional associations to identify trends in processing, technology, service offerings, and sourcing and emerging markets.
- Accountable for assuring successful implementation of standard global processes and enabling technology, evaluating end-to-end process performance and affecting necessary design or execution adjustments. Assure that both the internal organization and that of the Process Development provider adopt and implement these global processes and policies.
Building Capabilities (35%)
- Provides direct leadership and management of team members reporting into role.
- Responsible for building talent and capabilities within direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Mentors and coaches Regional Process Owners and Global team members
- Builds capabilities with Regional and Global teams that allow them to monitor achievement of key performance metrics and customer service requirements as defined by both formal Service Level Agreements as well as Customer Satisfaction surveys.
- Builds capabilities with Regional and Global teams to assure Change Management plans related to both sourcing transition and process modification are developed, implemented, and executed.
- Builds capabilities with Regional and Global teams Assures that the appropriate internal control environment and compliance are maintained along
- Evaluates and recommends placement of high performing talent in leadership roles within the internal and/or captive organization.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, business, supply chain, or related field
- 10 or more years of related business, Procurement, Business, Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance or transaction processing experience
- 5 or more years of experience in management of a large team, financial or procurement processing organization, preferably in a captive or outsourced shared services environment or, alternatively, a large scale Project Management in the area of technology implementation
- MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting
- IT system implementation experience
- Experience with other transaction processing activities (i.e., record-to-report, order-to-cash, forecast-to-stock) is highly preferred
- Experience with formalized change management programs is highly preferred.
- Experience in influencing global matrix operating models without direct authority is highly preferred.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.