Title: Procurement Senior Manager Corporate Services
Job #150001IT, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Team Lead
Direct reports: 4-7
Dimensions: Regional purchases across multiple business units. Value of purchases typically would be $100+ Million.
Position Purpose: At Kimberly-Clark we spend billions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our sourcing team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders so that we understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that aggressively drive value, so that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships. This position is focused on Corporate Services and the candidate must have experience across a variety of categories including Auto Fleet, R&E, Health Services, Training, Consulting, Business Financial Services, Contingent Labor and HR. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned commodities, suppliers, and purchases to meet customer needs. The Corporate Services Lead will provide leadership to a group of 4-7 direct reports within services in support of Kimberly-Clark North America and KCP business sectors Internal Stakeholders: The Corporate Services Lead will work with a broad base of customers that could include: Global Procurement team, KCNA, KCP business leadership, finance, A/P, operations, R&D, internal control, marketing, planning, engineering, or other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
– Understanding Kimberly-Clark processes, systems, and procedures. – Management of a spend category and/or sector supplier network to gain cost or product advantages in the marketplace. – Providing work direction and leadership to the team (4-7 direct reports). Including talent development, coaching and performance management activities. – Establishment of spend category objectives, sourcing strategies, and specific supplier objectives that satisfy the business strategies and/or purchasing approaches that meet customer requirements. – Maintaining expertise on supplier selection and relationships, negotiating, and other purchasing practices. – Maintaining a communication link with the internal stakeholders supported. – Continually build the team’s knowledge with respect to the six step strategic sourcing process. – Recruitment and development of human resources. – Serve as a thought leader to the rest of the organization for the strategic sourcing of the categories for which they are responsible. – Knowledgeable of market conditions and industry dynamics – Procure assigned goods and services which provide the best overall value to KC – Develop pricing agreements and systems contracts with suppliers – Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, where applicable – Communicate category strategy and status to senior management to ensure alignment. – Manage through a commodity, service or inventory crisis
Scope: The incumbent reports to the Senior Manager Indirect Services within Procurement and is responsible for managing assigned spend categories, suppliers, and purchases to meet stakeholder needs. Utilizing a structured strategic sourcing process you will yourself and also coach others to: • Work with internal customers to develop sourcing strategies for specific purchases or commodities which will best meet business needs at lowest sustainable costs • Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers which best meet business needs. • Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award contracts for specific purchases (complex technical, commercial, and/or financial aspects) as well as administer contracts as required • Analyze the supply base, reduce risk, assess and optimize total cost • Improve K-C Supply Chain, manage procurement process and projects, improve internal customer and supplier relationships
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Develops a thorough strategic plan to drive value for their category based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, and benchmarking. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for the strategy. Shape and sustain an effective, motivated team that delivers desired business results by providing vision and direction, building trust, selecting, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized. Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have need to know. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive. Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service and cost to use. Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with relevant functional teams to validate the impact of projects and contract negotiations to the general ledger Develop and execute strategic, global multi-year plans in co-ordination with Global Commodity Director by leveraging all sourcing enablers including should cost/parametric analysis, RFQ & negotiations, low cost country sourcing, and VA/VE (substitution, standardization, weight reduction etc..) to drive operational excellence in quality, productivity, innovation and working capital. Analyze and execute various strategic sourcing levers that can be utilized to reduce Total Cost of Ownership and Total Landed Cost for the assigned spend category utilizing appropriate financial models Ability to successfully reach business objectives through supplier negotiations. Analyzes market and supply dynamics related to supplier proposals to develop a matrix of negotiation scenarios. Engages business leaders to align on acceptable negotiation outcomes. Develops counter-arguments, opening positions, and plan for executing negotiations. Leads the development of risk analyses, assessments and mitigation plans for their category. Manage our supplier network for assigned spend categories to provide sufficient materials and services to meet our highest short-range requirements, protect against temporary supply interruptions and provide for our long-range growth needs. Develop and execute a plan to quickly and effectively manage a supply or service interruption. Comprehend and provide constructive input on legal contract documents related to purchasing terms, conditions, indemnification, intellectual property ownership, etc. Develop long term agreements with suppliers that achieve our innovation, risk management, and operational deliverables. Forecast timely price and availability information on assigned spend categories for the various consuming businesses and communicate this information to appropriate personnel in the company so it is properly integrated into business strategy and decision-making. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related governmental laws and regulations to ensure purchasing activities are conducted within the parameters of each. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results. Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related discipline
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain and operates as a subject matter expert in strategic sourcing
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the strategic management of Corporate Services
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Experience leading a team and demonstrated application of the six step sourcing process
- Strategic planning skills with ability to develop cost effective and innovative sources of supply
- Outstanding quantitative and data analysis skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Problem solving experience in reducing total costs and improving processes
- Ability to operate independently with limited business direction
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Six Sigma and Lean training
- CPM or CPIM (APICS) certification
- Purchasing system experience (e.g. Ariba, SAP, Oracle)
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.