Title: Senior Scientist
Job # 150001F4, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA just north of Atlanta
Function: Corporate Research & Engineering
Reports to: Manager
Direct reports: none
Product Line: Feminine Care
Summary: The incumbent will report to a Life Science Manager in Kimberly-Clark’s Corporate Research and Engineering organization and work closely with fellow scientists, other stakeholders, and subject matter experts to conduct fundamental skin and vaginal research. The successful candidate will use this information to identify, develop, and recommend technology options that enable revenue and margin growth for existing and/or new products. Accordingly, this individual will conceive and utilize innovative approaches to address business and technical challenges and establish research projects within broadly defined objectives. The position will be located at either our Research & Engineering office in Neenah, WI or Roswell, GA. Responsibilities: • Contribute as a team member on large projects and/or lead skin/vaginal research programs within Corporate Research and Engineering’s Life Science organization.
- Collaborate with technical and business leaders, internal and/or external subject matter experts, to recommend and conduct basic and applied research that delivers meaningful skin health and/or vaginal care technologies that enable business aspirations.
- Capable of translating fundamental science and technology through a progression of literature research, in vitro/in silico screening and, as necessary, to clinical studies.
- Protect and promote technologies and products through appropriate use of patents, internal and external publications, conference presentations, and trade secrets.
- Lead and nurture the scientific development of junior scientists.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
Required Qualifications: • Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biology/Physiology or related field with at least 3 years of relevant industrial /corporate research and development experience even if as a post-doctoral contractor.
- Ability to maintain a safety culture appropriate for a biological laboratory.
- Solid knowledge of epidermal cell biology, physiology, and molecular biology.
- Expert level laboratory techniques including: mammalian cell culture, co-culture, ex vivo tissue culture, qRT-PCR, micro-array analysis, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, ELISA, western blot, microscopy, histology, cell signaling, and cellular transduction.
- Familiarity with leveraging data analytics (i.e. glycomics, proteomics, transcriptomics)
- Demonstrable initiative to conceive of, and develop compelling recommendations for, new research programs aligned with corporate aspirations/objectives.
- Evidence of developing and leveraging novel methods, attaining protocol standardization, and performing robust data analysis to deliver results.
- Demonstrable results collaborating with contract researchers for the conduct of in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Research experience and excellent written communications skills as demonstrated by meaningful peer-reviewed research publications.
- Maintain laboratory records sufficient to document findings and procure intellectual property for discoveries.
- Excellent oral communication skills, well-tailored for diverse audiences, a history of meaningful conference/society presentations, seminars, and posters.
- Proven record of successful results working in multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams
- Solid record of training/mentoring more junior scientists.
- Project management experience.
- Travel up to 25% (domestic and international). Preferred Qualifications: • Experience with technology and patent landscape surveys.
- Knowledge of Consumer Package Goods and technologies related to skin/vaginal care.
- Experience with regulatory requirements for consumer product and medical devices.
- Language skills beyond English are highly valued.
- Community outreach for improving interest and skills towards Science and Math.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.