Title: Senior Electrical Engineer – Technical Services
Job #1400025G, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Chester PA just SW of Philly
Reports to: Sr. Manager Engineer
Product Line: NACP Family Care
Electrical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety and performance expectations. The Electrical Engineer for this role will provide leadership and technical expertise across project work that will encompass multiple papermaking and converting technologies. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to effectively provide work direction to a broad range of team members. The incumbent reports to an Engineering Team Leader and receives direction in the form of broad assignment objectives.
Key customers include: Chester Mill Sustain and Operate (S&O) Manufacturing Teams, Family Care Staff R&I Leadership and Staff Operations Leadership. Responsibilities: • Lead single or multiple product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $30 million from conception to commercialization. Provide support and expertise to bring systems to End-of-Curve. • Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation, design, development and optimization of Rolled Products converting and manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives. This may include working with Staff, Mill, and Vendor resources as needed. This may be driving specific capital projects in a traditional role and/or participating in vendor joint developments agreements. • Develop knowledge and skills so as to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis and project management while providing advice and counsel to others. • Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance and other personnel. • Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/ opportunities to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause. Explore, initiate, design, optimize and develop manufacturing and supporting processes. • Participate in the development of others within the area of the incumbent’s expertise. • Provide support for S&O resources when issues/problems warrant.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• Candidates must possess a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited College or University. Candidates with a bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline, or possessing applicable relevant Electrical Engineering experience, may also be considered.
• Demonstrated continuing self-development or progress toward an advanced degree.
• Strong experience with Tissue Manufacturing and/ or High Speed Converting drives and control systems, such as: Rockwell PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers), variable speed motor drives/ control system; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces); sensors; Power Distribution/Protective Devices, Combinational/Sequential logic, Computer Analysis/Simulation, Line Integration, Engineering Economics, Safety Systems, Project Management, etc.
• A recognized expert in Electrical/ Controls Engineering and Capital Project Execution, with a demonstrated ability to translate that knowledge into execution of process and capacity improvements in major capital projects.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in a variety of plant and/or staff technical engineering assignments.
• A demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
• Experience working with external technical service providers.
• Familiarity with modern safety systems (ex. Safety PLCs, redundant systems, KC Safety Technical Standards).
• 15+ years of experience in a variety of plant and staff technical assignments, including maintenance and operations.
• Experience and expertise in Family Care Tissue Manufacturing and/ or High Speed Converting drives and control systems.
• Rolled products high speed converting experience with production of Light Dry Crepe rolled products.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.