Title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Job #1500014H , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Beech Island SC near Augusta GA
Reports to: Team Lead
Direct reports: none
Product Line: Family Care
Mechanical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate design, develop, optimize, and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. The Mechanical Engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in the design, development, optimization, and problem solving for facial tissue manufacturing and converting processes. Candidates are recognized for understanding the application of technology and the ability to effectively interface with a broad range of team members. The incumbent reports to Senior Engineering Manager at the Beech Island, SC and receives direction in the form general project objectives. Key customers include: Project Leaders, Research & Engineering (R&E), Product Supply, Maintenance, and Mill Operations. Responsibilities: – Lead single or multiple product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $15 million from conception through commercialization.
– Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation of design, development, and optimization of tissue and/or towel converting and manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives.
– Develop knowledge and skills in leadership of the application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
– Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel.
– Identify complex technical issues and provide necessary solutions to eliminate root cause.
– Assist in the development of others within the area of expertise.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
– Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology degree from an accredited college or university. Candidates with an Associate, Bachelor, or advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline and possessing applicable experience may also be considered.
– Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in a manufacturing environment.
– A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team while providing task oriented direction to others in order to complete projects within required timeframes.
Preferred Qualifications – Specific, in depth technical knowledge and expertise in tissue and/or towel converting and manufacturing.
– Up to 15 years of experience in a variety of plant and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations.
– Familiarity with machine installations and startups.
– Experience working with external technical service providers.
– Experience and expertise with Kimberly-Clark engineering procedures and processes.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.