Title: Senior Counsel for Patent
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation, #150001TF
Location: Neenah WI, just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Assoc. General Counsel
Kimberly-Clark Corporation is seeking a patent attorney to add to its Neenah, Wisconsin legal team. Kimberly-Clark is an established, global company, with innovative products and internationally-recognized brands. The successful candidate will provide patent counsel for Kimberly-Clark’s consumer product businesses and central research organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing guidance on invention disclosures and drafting patent applications
- Prosecuting US patent applications
- Managing foreign counsel and handling foreign patent prosecution and oppositions
- Providing input on product development and strategic initiatives and preparing patent clearance opinions
- Negotiating agreements with business partners
- Providing client education
Interested? Sending your resume can jump-start our process to – Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com. Come grow your career with us!
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience in medium or large private or corporate practice specializing in patent law
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state
- Admitted to practice patent law at the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Current experience drafting patent applications
- Current experience prosecuting US patent applications
- Experience preparing patent clearance opinions
- Experience drafting and negotiating technology and joint development agreements
- Excellent skills in all aspects of the patent discipline
- Demonstrated experience of providing comprehensive counsel to clients
- Initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.