Title: Plant Financial & Logistics Manager
Company: Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Location: Beech Island Mill, Beech Island SC (near Augusta, GA)
Reports to: Plant Manager
Direct reports: 6 to 10 direct reports, 15 to 20 indirect
Provide leadership for all finance, logistics and procurement functions at the Beech Island mill. This position is the key source of senior financial expertise as a member of the site leadership team and ensures the mill’s financial accounting systems are in full compliance with the Corporation’s policies and procedures. This position also has responsibility to ensure effective and efficient handling of raw materials, finishing supplies and finished product. The incumbent provides leadership to both K-C and outside service providers to accomplish these responsibilities.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Key customers include mill and staff product supply management teams, mill operations and support teams, and staff finance teams. Deputies require coaching, training and opportunities for continued self-development that enhance present performance or to prepare them for future advancement. Other customers expect: timely and accurate analysis and reporting support; properly managed plant and equipment assets; management of distribution, material flow and procurement functions; and, counsel to support sound financial and business decisions.
This position ensures the delivery of business objectives, through serving as:
- Key source of business and technical knowledge, counsel and strategic financial analysis
- Key logistics leader for the facility the incumbent has responsibility to lead, develop, and manage activities of a team, responsible for finance, internal controls, procurement, stores, material flow and distribution
- K-C Personnel – 6 to 10 direct reports, 15 to 20 indirect
- Third Party Personnel – 250 Distribution, 400 Material Flow
- Provide business counsel as a member of the mill leadership team to develop and execute effective strategies to achieve targeted business results. Ensure mill financial strategies, objectives and tactics are aligned with business unit and enterprise objectives.
- Design, maintain and operate financial systems and analytical tools in order to provide effective decision support. Collaborate with other Finance Teams and Staff Finance Team to drive continuous improvement and standardized business processes.
- Manage, coordinate and develop the finished goods distribution and material flow functions of the mill (shipping, receiving and warehousing) to ensure efficient mill operations and attainment of benchmarks and objectives.
- Confirm that mill financial results are reported in a manner that is timely, accurate and consistent with Corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that the organization is staffed with qualified, trained, and motivated personnel by encouraging and counseling continued self-development in areas that will enhance present performance and/or prepare deputies for advancement.
- Develop and maintain a favorable employee relations climate within the department.
- Provide leadership to ensure your organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Support the Plant and Equipment budget development to ensure compliance with corporate policies and instructions regarding capital authorizations and control.
- Support the administration of the mill’s internal control plan and ensure the application of established corporate financial controls by the effective implementation and maintenance of corporate policies and instructions.
- Champion cost reduction initiatives aligned with the sectors portfolio role.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Establish and maintain an optimum organization driving continuous improvement. Build systemic processes with Lean capability to perform, improve and regenerate work systems that drive lowest total delivered cost.
- Support sector and mill safety objectives through safety systems and loss control management.
- Ensure the communication, implementation and promotion of K-C values and demonstrate One K-C behaviors as a means for delivering business results.
Interested? Sending your resume can jump-start our process to – Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com.
Qualifications/Education Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or a related field, with coursework indicating quantitative and analytical ability.
- Competence in the areas of general business practices and cost and accounting principles with at least 7 years experience, as well as understanding of mill operations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to train, direct, motivate and develop deputies as well as maintain a strong working relationship within the mill management team.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.