Title: Global Financial Planning and Analysis Leader
Company: Halyard Health, job #1500028E
Location: Alpharetta GA just north of Atlanta
Function: Finance & Accounting
Reports to: VP Finance
The leader of the Global FP&A team provides the strategic global direction for all Financial Planning and Business Analysis at Halyard Health.
Serves as a senior financial advisor to the Halyard leadership team and leads the Global Business Analysis Function. This is the top financial analysis position with responsibility for analyzing and evaluating alternate global financial plans as they relate to the organization’s objectives. Integral member of the leadership team responsible for providing Halyard leadership and key individuals with timely financial and operational analysis to facilitate and influence sound business decisions including strategy development, business planning, financial forecasting, product and promotion analysis and capital planning. Responsible for building and developing a high potential, global financial planning and analysis staff.
- Partner in a proactive manner with the business teams to develop and execute strategic business plans to achieve desired financial objectives (Net Sales, Operating Profit, Gross Margin, working capital) and identify/manage risks to the plans to close performance gaps as required.
- In partnership with the corporate strategy team, lead portfolio management analysis/efforts across the Halyard regions and sectors to ensure OGSM/Target, brand strategies, tactics and resources are aligned with portfolio roles.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Halyard business leaders but as a performance challenger to ensure our investment and decisions create value for the business and Enterprise. Influence and evaluate effectiveness of Innovation plans, business pricing and strategies to support delivery of business results.
- Bring a global perspective to business analysis and decisions, including consideration of currency impacts, country risks, cross-border business challenges, etc.
- Establish process ownership with appropriate resources to manage the end-to-end business planning process with near term focus on aligning in-flight initiatives to optimize benefit delivery and minimize potential project conflicts.
- Lead Initiatives such as Forecast process improvement, global management reporting, etc.
- Deliver reliable, timely and insightful monthly, quarterly and ad hoc business performance and management reporting including but not limited to market, region, channel and customer profitability with comparisons to prior actual periods and forecasts / plans
- Coordinate and deliver reliable, timely and insightful quarterly business outlook, annual plan and long-range strategic plans to the entire Halyard Health business
- Deliver analytical insights on working capital, cash flow and SG&A overhead spending trends
- Prepare presentations for the CFO on budget, actual results, etc. to be presented to the Halyard leadership team, BOD and bond and equity investors
- Support the development of a variety of financial community communications, including leading or participating in development of materials such as conference call remarks, Q&A, management presentations, Halyard Health Fact Sheet, etc.
- Provide superior corporate enterprise analysis supporting the strategic direction of Halyard on an ongoing basis and periodic special project work as requested by senior management.
- Working with the business units, identify, analyze and describe market trends, business initiatives, technological developments and the competitive landscape. Maintain current knowledge of business developments within Halyard Health, the industries in which its products compete, published information regarding leading competitors, changes in disclosure requirements and trends, trends in investment markets and changes in the economy
- Work with Corporate Communications, Legal, Compensation and Corporate Accounting staff to assure that information presented in the quarterly reports (10-Qs), Form 10-K, news releases and speeches to stockholders and the investment community is presented in a manner which improves the understanding of and enhances the image of the Corporation.
- Build a high performing, diverse and action-oriented global FPA team that influences business decisions and results.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education:
MBA or equivalent advanced degree Experience:
- More than 15 years of experience, and greater than half in a multinational/global business, with several years of experience in a leadership position in a complex, progressive, global planning and analysis environment along with a strong track record of personal achievement and advancement.
- Minimum of 5 years in finance leadership role developing high-performing talent and directing high-performing team(s).
- International experience is a requirement and an “in-market” experience is preferred
- Strong experience in a consumer products business and experience in FP&A transformation is preferred.
- Previous P&L responsibility along with a thorough understanding of strategic and operational planning and forecasting techniques.
- Must possess and demonstrate high degree of financial, analytical and process leadership competence.
- Strong strategic agility, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with exceptional influence and change management skills
- Decisive, yet collaborative and inclusive.
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.