Title: Capital Procurement – Project Manager
Job # 1500021N, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA just north of Atlanta
Function: Procurement, NA
Reports to: Sr. Manager
Direct reports: none
Product Line: Global Nonwovens
Scope: spend range is $30-70 million
At Kimberly-Clark we spend billions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our strategic sourcing team ensures that we engage with internal stakeholders to understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that drive value, so that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The NA Machinery & Equipment Procurement Team is seeking a Procurement Sr. Specialist to provide sourcing expertise for Global Nonwovens capital projects. Excellent project management, LEAN systems and relationship management skills are highly valued. We use innovative thinking and analysis to deliver results to the businesses we support.
The primary responsibilities for the role include purchasing assigned materials, equipment and services to meet the business needs; managing assigned commodities and purchases; and managing relationships with key suppliers and internal customers. A structured strategic sourcing process is used to manage the entire contract life cycle from Request for Proposal to supplier exit.
Utilizing this structured strategic sourcing process you will:
• Work with internal customers to develop sourcing strategies for specific purchases of categories which will best meet business needs at the lowest total cost of ownership.
• Identify, evaluate and select suppliers that meet the internal customer needs.
• Solicit, evaluate, negotiate and award contracts for specific purchases (technical, commercial and/or commercial aspects) as well as administer contracts as required.
• Analyze Supply Base, reduce Risk, and optimize the Total Cost.
• Lead or co-lead initiatives to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain including planning, managing and implementing major projects in a repeatable process to realize results.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
• 5 years or more of work experience in an engineering, procurement, operations or similar role (including mill and/or staff experiences).
• Experience in leading by influence
• Travel 25% of the time
• Experience working in GNW is strongly preferred
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.