Title: Plant Manager | Nogales AZ/MEX
Company: Halyard Health, job #150002ON
Location: Nogales or Tuscon AZ to live and cross into Mexico daily
Reports to: VP Product Supply
Position Purpose: Lead and manage Nogales operations’ capability and performance to help Health Care achieve its net sales, operational profit and gross margin objectives by meeting product supply sector goals.
Customers and Customer Expectations: Customers: Customer Service function, distribution centers, and end users. Customer Expectations: Operations to achieve exceptional and consistent service fill rate by providing a defect-free, cost effective product, according to customer expectations.
- Ensure that Nogales’s organization establish and meet objectives in safety, quality, cost, productivity, customer service, asset management, clarity savings, lean manufacturing, and human resource development to achieve vision 2020.
- Product Supply manufacturing activities are integrated with Go to Market strategies.
- Provide effective leadership to achieve Lean certification.
- Provide leadership in the prioritization and implementation of capital budgets
- Lead and manage a manufacturing culture based on high performance work teams.
Scope: He/she has broad management responsibilities medical devices, and other manufacturing and manual processes related to product supply. The incumbent provides leadership for the Nogales operation team to meet challenges faced by manufacturing while achieving goals and objectives. The role has line operations accountability and requires internal and external coordination of projects and programs for successfully implementation within Health Care guidelines and expectations.
The main challenge of this position is to effectively influence across functional areas in an integrated manner within Global Halyard to ensure successful implementation of line operations and cost saving activities.
- Maintain an accident free and safe environment for employees, customers, and suppliers working and/or visiting the plant and warehouse.
- Provide leadership for Loss Control Management in support of sector and corporate objectives.
- Ensure adherence to HYH Corporate and Health Care sector controls, policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in multi-functional business teams and provide leadership in the development of business unit initiatives pertaining to product lines suitable to Nogales
- Be recognized as a change agent implementing and evolving lean manufacturing processes and high performance work teams.
- Identify and complete continuous improvement projects to achieve vision 2020 objectives.
- Coach functional managers and high performance work team leaders to coordinate the orientation, training and development of team members to enhance their present performance and prepare them for advancement.
- Lead/ champion the receiving side of special projects assigned to Nogales and directed by the Sector Leadership Team.
- Advocate system development and enhancements to support long term goals of Halyard Global Manufacturing.
- Provide leadership for the CLARITY administration, tracking and implementation for the Nogales team.
- Be an advocate and champion for LEAN manufacturing and Six Sigma process improvement activities.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have a need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start our process. We can then have a chat in the next few business days to discuss your fit versus your career plans.
Qualifications/Education/Experience Required: This position requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a bachelor’s degree. The incumbent also must have broad knowledge and significant experience in operations/ logistics/maintenance or related areas at the functional level and a working knowledge of multifunctional issues including Mexican labor law, customs regulations, EPA/OSHA regulations and their Mexican counterparts. This person requires a thorough understanding of all internal and external mill/plant functional areas and their interaction, and a proven ability to work across all staff functions. Prefer those candidates who worked in medical device manufacturing.
Halyard Health [NYSE: HYH] is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit http://www.halyardhealth.com.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.