Title: Procurement CI/Lean Consultant
Job #150002O7, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Summary of Position:
Lead Lean/Continuous Improvement (CI) deployment within KCNA Procurement to build capability, and help drive business process improvements that create value for the Procurement organization and enterprise. Develop, implement and sustain lean deployment strategies and plans, as well as Champions to build Lean capability. As a Lean Champion, lead and facilitate Lean workshops, projects and events.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Key Customers: Procurement leadership and team members (NA and Global), Procure-to-Pay Process Council and Process Owners, One CI Team, Supply Chain Leadership, requisitioners and suppliers.
Customer Expectations: Provide expert counsel or coaching to team members in the matter of CI / Lean. This may be on an individual basis or as part of a specific problem solving, Kaizen, subject matter forum or steering commit.
The incumbent reports to a Procurement Manager and has no direct deputies. Though the position has no direct deputies there is an indirect relationship with other LEAN Coordinators or designated points of contact throughout the supply chain, business supporting functions and/or other business units. The incumbent must be able to effectively organize and lead multifunctional teams.
The incumbent must ensure successful interface with other Lean Coordinators within Procurement and provide for seamless integration with customers as well as effective collaboration with other Kimberly-Clark organizational units engaged in LEAN. Interactions will cover a broad range and may include sector/functional leadership to line operations. He/she will coordinate periodic exchanges between team members from various sites or business unit functions to gain synergies and leverage learning’s to improve LEAN deployment.
Challenges of this position include:
• Staying current on the goals and needs of multiple departments.
• Prioritization of requests for assistance to address the most beneficial overall business needs.
• Influencing customers to accept and implement corporate change initiatives.
• Working effectively across a wide variety of organizational levels.
• Participate in the development of KCNA Procurement, NA Procurement Operations & Systems, Procurement Indirect Services, and NA Procure-to-Pay (P2P) strategies, tactical execution and implementation to achieve advantaged capabilities in support of business objectives.
• Lead development of NA Procurement leadership and team member CI/LEAN capabilities to ensure alignment of objectives and value delivery.
• Lead implementation of initiatives supporting business process improvements through waste, variability and lead-time reduction, utilizing process improvement methodologies that deliver sustainable results.
• Facilitate workshops and/or other forums to set strategies, focus improvement, transfer knowledge and engage team members, managers, internal customers and suppliers in activities primarily supporting KCNA Procurement teams and NA P2P process execution with additional engagement to support internal customer and supplier activities.
• Provide expert counsel or coaching to team members in the matter of CI / Lean. This may be on an individual basis or as part of a specific problem solving, Kaizen, subject matter forum or steering commit.
• Develop team members CI/Lean capabilities with focus on problem solving, standard work, visual management, Kaizen, A3 thinking, etc. Provide training to ensure all new team members complete their LEAN Student Journey.
• Understand and develop working relationships with key stakeholders and lead change management as necessary to achieve objectives.
• Provide support to maintain and improve the management system for KCNA Procurement, Subject Matter Expert Network, etc. that houses and provides process ownership for KCNA Procurement processes.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related governmental laws and regulations to ensure purchasing activities are conducted within the parameters of each.
• Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC .
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related discipline to the role
• 8 or more years of supply chain, functional or business related experience
• 3 or more years of experience in LEAN systems and tools, LEAN deployment
• Staff and plant/mill experience in a leadership and/or support role with emphasis on supply chain knowledge preferred
• Functional knowledge and/or experience within the supply chain (Procurement, manufacturing, distribution, planning, transportation) including demonstrated knowledge of financial metrics and drivers are preferred.
• Customer-facing understanding/experience desirable.
• Consistent track record of delivering results while creating/maintaining a constructive work environment.
• Willing to challenge the status quo and facilitate different perspectives to drive solutions.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, facilitation skills and business intuition skills
• Ability to operate with limited business direction.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization driving collaboration across businesses and functions with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrated personal credibility through strong communication skills, achieving results, and trusted relationships with others.
• Demonstrated contagious positive energy to promote employee engagement and drive results.
• Demonstrated passion to drive change and challenge status quo.
• Demonstrated ability to lead implementation and contribute to the development of vision and strategy.
• Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills.
• Cross cultural effectiveness.
• Influence, analysis, decision making, controlling, initiative, organizational and personal sensitivity, written and oral communication, flexibility, vision, and integrity.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.