Title: Sr. Communications Consultant
Job #1500022J , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay (Neenah WI site (https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc)
Function: Marketing & Innovation
Reports to: Director of Communications Strategy
Scope: North America
This position assists in the development and deployment of Kimberly-Clark North America communications strategies to inform, engage and persuade key internal and external audiences. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications Strategy for Kimberly-Clark North America, the candidate will influence key leaders in support of business initiatives, empower leaders to accelerate employee engagement, and enhance the company’s reputation as an employer of choice.
The scope of activity includes: communications strategy development and deployment coordination; executive leader support; communications planning; key message development; development of communications materials; change programs, training programs and measurement. The time allocated to strategy and tactical delivery will be 50:50. They must be able to demonstrate experience and success in reputation brand management and be able to manage crisis situations and potential issues. The candidate will also have responsibility for coaching and developing talent within the North America communications team.
The key internal stakeholders for this position are: Kimberly-Clark North America Director of Communications Strategy; Kimberly-Clark North America Group President; their Leadership Team Leaders and their direct reports; function leaders; and the Global Communications Leadership Team members. These customers expect an aligned and robust communications strategy, counsel and exceptional tactical implementation.
The candidate must exercise considerable discretion with regard to information communicated and handle serious and sensitive subjects with tact, excellent judgment and confidentiality.
This candidate must contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
• Support the development and implementation of corporate internal and external communications strategies that serve to support Kimberly-Clark’s North America business agenda.
• Develop and create key messages, Q&A, presentations, position statements, videos, visual communications, and other materials that help to embed and reinforce the culture, the strategic direction and the annual transformation agenda amongst employees.
• Work alongside Global External Communications to manage crisis events and issues that could potentially impact Kimberly-Clark’s reputation and the reputation of its brands.
• Create and manage employee communications that help build alignment and consistency of voice within Kimberly-Clark’s North America business units – Adult & Feminine Care, Baby & Child Care, Family Care, Canada and Customer Development. Influence leaders in the adoption of key communications strategies and initiatives to drive business results.
• Leverage knowledge of communications, the external landscape and the employee mindset, to advise and assist the Director of Communications Strategy decision-making.
• Be an ambassador for change and maximize the potential of change management by leading, coaching and inspiring team members to consistently deliver excellent service and continuously improve.
• Deliver training programs where necessary.
• Develop existing and introduce new mechanisms to measure the effectiveness of communications.
• Actively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify communication opportunities and foster collaboration and mutual support across Kimberly-Clark.
Interested? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and allow a discussion between your career goals and what Kimberly-Clark needs.
• A bachelor’s degree
• 10+ internal business communications experience
• 5+ year external corporate communications experience
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to influence leaders, effectively work across multiple organizational boundaries, and communicate across a diverse audience
• Capable of providing strategic communications counsel and coaching to senior executives
• Strong change management expertize
• Crisis communications and issues management skills
• Ability to manage and direct agency partners
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with flexibility in approach to solutions
- Professional presence and business diplomacy skills
• Exceptional oral, written and video communications, and presentation development and speechwriting skills
• Strong creative ability to transform business initiatives into compelling communication
• Strong relationship-building skills
• Cultural flexibility and understanding
• Strong planning and organization skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Highly motivated, goal and results oriented, ability to respond quickly and meet deadlines
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.