Title: R&E Director for Materials and Global Absorbent Technology Development
Job # 1600000O, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Function: R&E, Baby and Child Care
Reports to: VP R&E Baby & Child Care
Summary of Position:
Lead the Baby & Child Care Materials and Global Absorbent Technology Development R&E team to partner with the Product and Process Development teams and the Global BCC teams to develop, prioritize, and transform BCC products via the development of advantaged materials and absorbent structure designs into a global pipeline of innovation for each key BCC Platform (POME, Active Baby Open Diapers, Wipes, Diaper Pants, GoodNites, Pull Ups, Snug & Dry Open Diapers). This team is responsible for partnering with Global NonWovens and our external suppliers to develop the materials and the absorbent structure to deliver against the ideal consumer experience and then leading the R&E team to deliver materials and absorbent structure designs for each of the platforms.
This position is responsible for development beginning with needs briefs through commercialization working with Product Supply. Significant collaboration is required with Global Nonwovens, Corporate Research and Engineering, BCC Product Development, BCC Process Development and External material suppliers of nonwovens and superabsorbents as well as all other material suppliers. The role needs to deliver a materials development plan from current to the 10 year horizon to provide both advantaged functionality, appropriate claims and cost.
Organization: People Responsibilities/reporting line/partnerships
The incumbent reports to the L4 Baby & Child Care R&E leader.
- Direct reports include: Sr. R&E Managers, Technical Leaders, and Project Leaders.
- Leads the Global Absorbent Development for KCC Global Personal Care Businesses.
- Leads development efforts with Global Nonwovens and is the Voice of BCC for GNW development efforts.
- Collaborates with: Regional and Global Baby & Child Care Leadership, Strategic Development and MRA, Marketing, Product Supply, Corporate R&E, Global Nonwovens, R&E Leaders, Project Management Teams, Procurement, External Suppliers, Human Resources, Legal, Regulatory and KC Senior Leadership.
- Is a key leader in the business and the R&E function to drive increased empowerment and enablement of teams to deliver improved business results
- Lead Global Absorbent Development and Material Development R&E resources to develop a pipeline of advantaged absorbent structures and materials to provide preferred consumer experiences, claims and/or advantaged cost for BCC absorbent products.
- Deploy Global Absorbent Development and Material Development R&E resources to deliver 0-10 year pipeline of material and absorbent structure innovation for priority platforms and commercialize while working with Product Supply.
- Collaborate with BCC Global Business Teams, Global Nonwovens, GSL, and GCT to align to a global materials and absorbent strategy.
- Partner with NA BCC and the BCC R&E teams to make sure that the pipeline is relevant based on what they are seeing from competition and in the market
- Integrate benefit and cost innovation to create holistic consumer designs
- Partner with Global Nonwovens and Corporate Research and Engineering to develop pipeline of materials to deliver compelling consumer designs that are on equity and inspire the consumer
- Ensure the appropriate and effective global protection for proprietary information
- Create and implement system to network with other global innovation centers to utilize this capability to enable innovation development and consumer evaluation.
- Coach and mentor Global Absorbent Development and Material Development R&E organization to increase capability and mastery in front end innovation
- Ensure all work complies with corporate safety, regulatory, product safety and sustainability requirements. Interface effectively with the other work stream teams, Product Supply, Procurement, Global Nonwovens, External Suppliers and Marketing, as well as the strategy development team to ensure effective and efficient creation and execution of projects to enable business plans
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC !
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering,
- Generally 15+ years of experience in increasingly broader technical or operational roles with demonstrated track record of achievement and growth in leadership.
- Previous successful high level R&D management experience, Extensive managerial experience in a research or other technical function with demonstrated results and strength in leadership
- Experience in working in materials development and knowledge of personal care product materials.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Organization development
- Excellent communication/relationship builder
- Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex problems and opportunities within technical projects
- Able to make decisions with limited information to keep performance on track
- Able to manage with ambiguity and autonomy
- Demonstrated positive energy to promote employee engagement and drive results
- Strong and demonstrated capabilities to provide strategic plans and thought leadership for the sector and function.
- Global Experience in consumer goods research and development
- Experience in leadership of large organization with significant functional or business responsibility
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 143-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.