Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager, Packaging Equipment
Job #15000254 , Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Function: Machinery & Equipment Procurement Team
Reports to: Sr. Manager
Direct reports: none
Scope: over all BUs and spend between $100-200 million
At Kimberly-Clark we spend billions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our strategic sourcing team ensures that we engage with internal stakeholders to understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that drive value, so that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Machinery & Equipment Procurement Team is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to provide sourcing expertise for packaging equipment. Excellent project management, LEAN systems and relationship management skills are highly valued. We use innovative thinking and analysis to deliver results to the businesses we support.
The primary responsibilities for the role include defining K-C’s purchasing strategy for all packaging equipment to meet business needs; working with all five business units to define unique needs and encourage collaboration; and managing relationships with key suppliers and internal customers. A structured strategic sourcing process is used to manage the entire contract life cycle from Request for Proposal to supplier exit.
Utilizing this structured strategic sourcing process you will:
• Work with internal customers to develop sourcing strategies for specific purchases of categories which will best meet business needs at the lowest total cost of ownership.
• Identify, evaluate and select suppliers that meet the internal customer needs.
• Solicit, evaluate, negotiate and award contracts for specific purchases (technical, commercial and/or commercial aspects) as well as administer contracts as required.
• Analyze Supply Base, reduce Risk, and optimize the Total Cost.
• Lead or co-lead initiatives to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain including planning, managing and implementing major projects in a repeatable process to realize results.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
• 5 years or more of work experience in an engineering, procurement, operations or similar role (including plant and/or staff experiences).
• Experience working with packaging equipment and automation is strongly preferred
• Experience in leading by influence
• Travel 25% of the time
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.