Title: IT Sr. Manager – Corporate Innovation/R&D Business Partner
Job #150002JD, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Chicago IL or Neenah WI
Function: IT Services
Reports to: VP ITS
The IT Sr. Manager – Corporate Innovation/R&D Business Partner is responsible for driving IT technology and solutions for K-C’s R&D and Innovation teams. As consumers adopt the digital lifestyle, our products and services we deliver also need to keep in pace with that. This role will be a key enabler in helping our R&D and Innovation teams as they develop products and solutions to meet our future consumer needs. The role will be accountable for not only providing digital thought leadership, but will also be responsible for bringing these concepts to life using a service delivery mind set.
• Help drive the IT strategic plan for the R&D organization to support their key business imperatives
• Enable IT service delivery via a portfolio of applications for the R&D and Corporate Innovation team
• Introduce and incubate key technology components that help drive innovation within the K-C R&D process
• Partner with the Corporate Innovation Team to bring to life new business models at startup costs and start up speed
• Partner with Digital Lab on a global basis to establish a network of startups and enable the scouting and selection of new technology to enable our business to drive revenue
• Abstract thinking: Is able to understand abstract concepts and enable the development of a plan to achieve it
• Has a track record of working on new and innovative concepts and ideas.
- Is able to bring abstracts concepts and tie them to measurable business outcomes
• Has a problem solving mind-set and is able to think about problems outside of IT domain.
• Is able to develop control points to manage the different projects underway within the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate independence, self-sufficiency, and self-government.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates responsibilities. Is accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Is able to influences ideas that meet business objectives.
- Establish influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners/ vendor. Skills include inspire, impact, encourage, gain buy-in, guide using authority, control, and pressure appropriately.
• Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects. Leads major global implementation or FOAK projects with high degrees of complexity and tenacity.
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of IT strategy.
- Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
• Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Understands the implications of new technologies.
- Has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and deep understanding of own specialism(s).
- Understands and communicates the role and impact of IT in the employing organization and promotes compliance with relevant legislation.
- Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates’ skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the IT industry.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters/MBA preferred)
• 8+ years of experience of working in any of these areas: startups, consulting organizations supporting R&D groups, enterprise architecture teams and corporate innovation teams
• Breath of experience in web/mobile application development, project mgmt., infrastructure solutions
• Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges
• Self-motivated to keep up with industry trends and disseminating information across the organization
• Experience in bringing diverse teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants with both onshore and offshore resources
• Cultivates networking opportunities within the organization
• Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
• Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.Travel may include up to 40%.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.