Title: NA Family Care Business Unit CFO
Job #16000030, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay (video:https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc)
Function: Finance, Analysis and Administration
Reports to: Vp Finance
Direct reports: about four for a total team of 20-25
Reporting to the Vice President – Finance for Kimberly Clark North America and partnering with the Business Unit President, the Senior Director – Finance is an executive level position that will play a critical role in developing and implementing the strategy for North America Family Care. As a member of the Sector leadership team, the Director will be an advisor to the Sector Vice-President, evaluating and assisting them with strategy development, financial planning, economic modeling and value creation.
This role is a highly visible, pass-through assignment with exposure to the CEO and CFO of the company. It is expected that the successful candidate will demonstrate significant leadership and executive potential to achieve further career growth in Kimberly-Clark with the possibility of future relocation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- As a true business leader to the Sector and Business Units, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and KCNA’s long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Vice President and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Drive transformation and optimization of operating structure and processes, including cost management of sales investments, manufacturing, and overhead structures while at the same time being a visionary in support of cogent, innovative investments for growth.
- Engage the sector and finance leadership around issues, trends, and changes and opportunities in the operating model(s) and operational delivery. Champion innovative thinking and a bias for positive change and inspired growth.
- Champion working capital efficiency, capital expense management and improving ROIC.
- Lead long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with KCNA’s strategic plan, especially as the organization considers sponsorships, potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations.
- Understanding key risks facing the business and helping the business team assess and undertake smart risks to drive growth
Financial and Operational Management
- Drive a material impact on the success of K-C through economic value creation.
Elevate and advance the Finance function while accelerating the impact the team has on business unit performance.
- Develop insightful analysis, reporting and dash-boarding to illuminate risks and opportunities to the Sector teams.
- Partner with information technology (IT) to optimize finance IT systems to meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with accounting, regulator, and internal audit requirements.
- Driving the organization’s capability, leveraging systems & shared service efficiencies, and being a champion of sharing and adopting best practices.
- Champion and lead Ethics, Compliance and Controls across the business.
- Serve as a strong Talent Developer by hiring, developing, retaining and promoting direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and raising the performance bar.
- Act as steward of our top talent, build strong succession plans to enable increased velocity, be a champion of promoting diversity and inclusion in the organization and be an advocate of our global finance talent development process.
Influence cross-functional and cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC !
Interested in this job? It’s considered a CFO role for this large $3.3 billion BU. You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
The Director will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 12-15 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in operations for a consumer products company, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. S/he will have experience managing the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse, division-based entity.
The Director will have the following experience and attributes.
A demonstrated ability to:
Build Trust by being open and candid with everyone, and valuing diverse perspectives and debate
Make Decisions by aligning and prioritizing actions to drive results every day
Win Consistently by holding oneself accountable for asking “what else can I do?” to exceed near-term and long-term expectations
Think Customer by understanding and anticipating your customer’s needs and driving innovation for their benefit
Continuously Improve by reaching across boundaries for new ideas
Build Talent by holding oneself accountable for the strength and diversity of your team, and owning your own development.
- A results-oriented individual with a clear passion for winning; a hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to implement lasting, positive improvements.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business leader in a multi-divisional organization.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model and driving execution across a matrixed organization.
- Experience successfully partnering with IT staff to manage critical financial systems.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- A change leader with self-confidence to drive the organization beyond the status quo.
- A minimum of a BA; MBA preferred
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.