Title: Procurement Specialist Marketing Services
Job #160000CV, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI
Reports to: Manager
Scope: spend is $25-100 million (willing to train a general Marketer with 3-5 years experience in CPG)
At Kimberly-Clark we spend hundreds of millions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our sourcing team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners to develop and execute industry leading category sourcing strategies that drive value. The value created helps ensure that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Procurement Specialist – Marketing is responsible for commodity sourcing for the marketing category in support of K-C North America and K-C Professional businesses to achieve variable cost productivity, working capital, and business financial goals. This role leads the supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management processes. This includes managing the entire contract life cycle from request for proposal (RFP) to supplier exit.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
• Primary customers include marketing, shopper marketing/insights, design, e-commerce and other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
• Customer Expectations:
• Fully knowledgeable in Marketing methodologies
• Experience with Marketing suppliers
• Procure assigned services which provide the best overall value to KC
• Develop pricing agreements and contracts with suppliers
• Knowledgeable of market conditions for goods/services purchases
• Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify continuous improvement opportunities as services are strategically sourced
• Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, where applicable
• Provide input into the creation of category strategies
• Issue management and resolution
The incumbent typically reports to a Director or a Manager within Procurement and is responsible for managing assigned commodities, suppliers, and purchases to meet customer needs.
Utilizing a structured sourcing process you will handle high dollar category sourcing and contract negotiations. In other cases, you will dissect the requirements communicated by the business and express the elements in familiar “category” terms so we can benefit from the value available in a competitive marketplace.
North American purchases across multiple business units
Value of purchases typically would be in the $25-$50 million range
• Develops strategic plan to drive value for their category based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, and benchmarking.
• Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met.
• Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction
• Deliver and exceed value creation targets.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, marketing or related discipline
• 3 or more years of relevant experience and subject matter expertise in applicable category. Subject matter expertise in relevant category preferred.
• Conducted analysis and carried out appropriate actions based on the analysis
• Successfully led a small project or initiative
• Worked in a matrix organization and have built constructive and effective relationships
• Presentation experience in which have successfully conveyed an idea or decision to key stakeholders
• Successful application of problem solving methodology and innovative solution development.
Relocation assistance is available.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position