Title: Procurement Consultant for Facilities Services
Job #160000CS, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay
Reports to: Team Lead
Scope: North America; spend between $10-90 million
At Kimberly-Clark we spend hundreds of millions of dollars with suppliers every year. Our sourcing team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners to develop and execute industry leading category sourcing strategies that drive value. The value created helps ensure that Kimberly-Clark can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Procurement Consultant is responsible for the timely and cost-effective strategic sourcing of complex goods and services in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. This position works closely with the North American Facilities organization to develop strategies, maintain existing / create new strategic relationships, and drive incremental value through innovative negotiations and partnerships.
Primary customers include Facilities Management personnel in Neenah, WI; Roswell GA; Dallas, TX, and all other staff and mill locations in the US and Canada.
- Fully knowledgeable in Facilities Management
- Experience with Facilities suppliers – including but not limited to construction, furniture, security, electrical, and food services
- Serve as a thought leader to the rest of the organization for the strategic sourcing of the category
- Consulting resource for global counterparts
- Procure assigned services which provide the best overall value to KC
- Develop pricing agreements and contracts with suppliers
- Knowledgeable of market conditions for goods/services purchases
- Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify continuous improvement opportunities as services are strategically sourced
- Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, where applicable
- Creation of category strategies in partnership with Facilities senior management
- Issue management and resolution
- The incumbent typically reports to a Director or a Manager within Procurement and is responsible for managing assigned commodities, suppliers, and purchases to meet customer needs.
- Utilizing a structured sourcing process you will handle high dollar category sourcing and contract negotiations. In other cases, you will dissect the requirements communicated by the business and express the elements in familiar “category” terms so we can benefit from the value available in a competitive marketplace.
- Develops a thorough strategic plan to drive value for their category based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, benchmarking, price availability, and supply chain logistics.
- Leading the benchmarking and bidding process, negotiating pricing/terms and conditions, and final contract award and implementation.
- Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service, and cost to use.
- Develop and execute strategic, multi-year plans in coordination with Global Category Director as well as with other regions.
- Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects.
- Provide innovative sourcing solutions to the customer by bringing continuous improvement and market driven innovation to their attention and offering credible alternatives where applicable.
- Deliver value creation targets for managed categories.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, facilities or related discipline
- Normally 5 or more years’ experience ideally with 5 years procurement experience
- Have developed and carried out long term strategic plan
- Strong analysis experience in which key findings have been translated into strategies to support business needs
- Complex problem solving with and creative solution implementation experience
- Experience establishing networks and building relationships
- Successfully influenced large, diverse groups of stakeholders
- Led and delivered on a multi-disciplined projects
- Mentored new employees
- Experience presenting complex ideas to management in a compelling and simplified manner
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a broader team
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.