Title: Global Procurement Director, Contract Manufacturing
Job #160000I9, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA or Neenah WI
Function: Global Procurement
Reports to: Vp Procurement
Scope: Global spend of $1-2 billion
The Global Procurement Organization has an opening for a Global Commodity Director in Contract Manufacturing.
The Global Commodity Director will provide leadership, direction and oversight to the global contract manufacturing category such that procurement strategies are developed globally and executed regionally/locally for maximum enterprise benefit. The role incumbent will be the primary Procurement contact for enterprise external manufacturing teams and innovation teams such that sourcing solutions can be developed and executed in a timely and responsive manner. Role incumbent should have the ability to understand the source to shelf supply chain implications of sourcing decisions and incorporate that thinking into category strategies
This is an excellent opportunity for highly-motivated candidates to develop further their existing leadership skills and experience within Global Procurement and Global Supply Chain. This position is vital and remains a strategic position for K-C in a fast moving and dynamic global market, and requires strategic and innovative procurement leadership skills.
Is this you?
- You are driven to understand the global market for your category and understand the value that global procurement and coordination can bring to the Kimberly-Clark enterprise.
- You can successfully drive value in a category by developing a category strategy that puts Kimberly-Clark in a favorable position and are a skilled negotiator.
- You are willing to push the strategy beyond the norm and are comfortable recommending and taking calculated risks.
- You are able to diagnose and resolve complex issues and opportunities within business sourcing models.
- You could have a working relationship with senior leaders across K-C, and would network effectively with Regional/Local Buyers to ensure implementation and compliance with global strategy.
- Your demonstrated ability to understand strategic needs, communication and relationship building skills at all organizational levels, willingness to be a team player, willingness to travel internationally, and the ability to manage through ambiguity will further strengthen your application.
- You are an innovation driver to create new procurement value
- You have a highly successful track record of success in a commercial environment including experience in high level face to face negotiations.
- You are enthusiastic, resilient and able to manage stressful situations.
- You are tenacious, aggressive, confident, committed, highly focused and with a winning mentality.
- You have excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills, along with strong analytical and project management skills
- You are prepared to travel extensively to engage and lead all regional/local teams and customers to deliver exceptional value
- You are fluent in English and are capable in another language for business discussions
Setting category strategy
- Set global strategy aligned to business needs and reviews on a regular basis
- Works closely with the External Manufacturing Supply Chain leaders on process and category supply chain initiatives
- Set aggressive targets for cost reduction globally
- Responsible for providing expert-level category knowledge, with knowledge of the supply base and global market
- Creates global execution plan (Global categories)
- Present category strategy to the Global Supply Chain LT for approval
- Understands global benchmarks (pricing and practices)
- Lead regional category strategy reviews to ensure they are aligned with the global strategy
- Maximize best practice tools and techniques delivered as part of the global procurement academy
- Drive CI / Lean within the procurement team and work with customers on their lean initiatives
Supplier relationship management (Global categories)
- Primary face to the supplier along with the Regional team leads
- Own and manage supplier relationship
- Negotiate on behalf of the K-C enterprise
- Drive innovation with all suppliers along with CI / Lean within their organizations to drive additional value
- Guarantee continuity of supply and deliver exceptional value to the business
- Maximize cost savings and value creation with all supplies to improve K-C’s level of profitability.
- Maintain close, co-operative relationships with key customers including R&E, mill process teams, product development and sales & marketing
Leadership & People development
- Provide coaching and development to direct and indirect reports
- Represent the category at global meetings as appropriate
- Develop tools for regional buyers
- Develop regional buyer capabilities and successors for your role
- Ensure that internal control requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner
- Drive cross category and cross regional relationships to leverage greater value and opportunities
- Solicit input on a regular basis from regional buyers and incorporates into strategy
- Engage category stakeholders as needed to understand business unit needs
- Share best practices and wins within the category across all regions
- Challenge and push team to achieve aggressive savings targets
- Escalate alignment issues to GPLT
- Ensure regional alignment with global strategy
- Understand and manages regional differences
- Drive cross regional collaboration and team building to swipe best practices and ideas
- Develop and maintain knowledge-base of the category
- Keep current framework of operations to ensure transfer of knowledge over time
- Develop a passion for the category and become recognized internally and externally as an expert
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC !
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in procurement, supply chain or closely related field with multiple business exposure.
- Experience working with global focus preferred. Develop a passion for the category and become recognized internally and externally as an expert
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.