Title: Human Resources Manager
Job #160000GR, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Beech Island SC
Function: Human Resources
Scope: The position reports to the Family Care – HR Director. This position has leadership responsibility for a team of 3 HR Generalists as well as a dotted line to the BCC HR Generalist. This position is also responsible for overseeing the effective operation of the site security team. In addition, this position is responsible for all HR related issues that require attention from external K-C and site sources (i.e., union avoidance, OFCCP audits, EEO claims, etc.)
Employees (993 Hourly – 140 Salary)
This position provides leadership and takes overall functional responsibility for a broad range of human resource activities and initiatives for the Beech Island Manufacturing Facility to support the safe, effective and efficient manufacture of a broad array of Kimberly-Clark products. Supports line management in attracting, developing, motivating and retaining the best people while building functional HR capability to support current and future enterprise HR needs.
Customers: Key customers include mill and sector management and all employees. The incumbent works closely with the Family Care (FC) Plant Manager and is a member of the BIL FC Leadership Team, providing advice and counsel in the areas of employee relations, organizational effectiveness and talent building. As the senior HR Leader for the facility, this role also serves as a primary mentor and advisor to the junior HR Team Members. This role also provides oversight to the Contract Security Team.
Customer Expectations: Serves as a catalyst for change; helps develop and implement new leadership concepts and supports initiatives that build organizational strength. Leads the development and coordination of HR systems/programs and services that are timely and responsive to identified needs. Provides counsel and advice in all functional HR areas including policy administration, reward and recognition systems, organization effectiveness, employee relations, training and development, conflict resolution, employee engagement, etc.
Policy and procedure development/application
Organizational design and work systems
Law and government regulations
Strong written and oral communications
Awareness of human resource sub-functions
Needs identification and analysis
Adult learning – theory, application
Ability to build, grow and maintain relationships
Behavior sciences – application
Group facilitation, dynamics
Ability to represent and hold a position
Expectations and Accountabilities:
– Fully support the safety goals and objectives of the BIL facility in the pursuit of Zero Injuries of Any Kind (ZIAK) safety performance.
– Provide leadership and direction regarding organizational design and management concepts that will assure the achievement of the plant vision.
– Exercise the appropriate level of diligence and participation in the evolution of the “One Beech Island” principle by ensuring that plans and activities that have impact across the entire site are understood, communicated and implemented with the principle in view.
– Lead the development and/or implementation of the full range of human resource services in areas such as salary, wage and benefit programs formulation and implementation, benefits administration and policy interpretation in a multi-sector environment.
– Provide advice and counsel to the Mill Manager and leadership team in areas such as Personnel Selection, Labor and Employment Law, Employee Relations, Union Avoidance, etc.
– Coach and consult with the Mill Manager and Staff on team effectiveness, team leadership, talent management, and organizational effectiveness in setting mill policies in support of long-range mill improvements.
– Must be approachable and skilled in bringing forward employee relations issues and concerns in a manner that builds employee confidence in the incumbent’s ability to hear and understand the issue in a non-threatening manner. In addition, this role must bring credibility as an employee advocate while balancing the needs of an ever changing business environment to ensure employees are treated fairly and free of retaliation.
– Be a coach and mentor to less experienced BIL HR Team members.
– Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to fully use their capabilities to improve both their individual and team contributions in achieving desired business results.
– Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, candid and clear.
– Ensure the communication, implementation and promotion of OneKC Behaviors and Culture of Accountability principles as a means for supporting an environment of continuous improvement focused on delivering manufacturing results.
– Ensure the consistent application of Performance Management principles and processes are applied at all organizational levels to foster an environment of accountability, development, results and rewards.
– Possesses proven team leadership skills and the ability to articulate and support the business vision, mission and goals.
– Demonstrated functional proficiency in the areas of staffing, organizational development and effectiveness, change management, compensation, labor relations, legislative and regulatory compliance.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
To be successful, the incumbent must possess credibility with both internal and external customers based on the incumbent’s in-depth knowledge of general business practices and human resource services, plus a working knowledge of human resources and training applications from outside resources. Incumbent must have the ability to organize and plan, delegate, lead, encourage and motivate people and maintain effective control.
At least 10 years of business and functional experience is typically required at this level with at least 5 of those years spent at the manager level within a manufacturing environment. Educational requirements include a bachelor’s degree in an area relating to this position with a Master’s degree preferred. Fortune 500 experience and SPHR certification is desired.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.