Title: Commodity Specialist – Films
Job #1600009R, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI just south of Green Bay (live here – https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc)
Reports to: Team Lead for Direct Materials
Scope:Regional and/or Global annual purchases across multiple business units. Value of purchases typically would be $25 – $100M.
Responsible for leading North American commodity sourcing for assigned categories in support of KCNA and KCP to meet/ exceed business and customer requirements. Leads the supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management processes including managing the entire contract life cycle from request for proposal (RFP) to supplier exit utilizing a structured strategic sourcing process.
- Work with business and customers to develop and implement strategic plans that drive value for the category based on an understanding of business unit and customer needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, and benchmarking.
• Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met.
• Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction and other value creation projects/ initiatives.
• Develop and execute strategic, global, multi-year plans in co-ordination with Global Commodity Manager.
• Analyze and execute various strategic sourcing levers that can be utilized to reduce Total Cost of Ownership and Total Landed Cost for the assigned commodity utilizing appropriate financial models.
• Achieve value creation targets.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain, engineering or related discipline
• 2 or more years of relevant experience in Planning, Procurement, Mill/ Plant, Product Supply, R&E or related experience.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing and implementing recommendations/ action plans based on those analyses.
• Effective communication/ presentation skills.
• Successful application of problem-solving methodology and innovative solution development.
Desirable Qualifications and experience:
- Experience with processes related to film manufacturing and coating technologies
• Strategic planning skills with ability to develop cost effective and innovative sources of supply
• Outstanding quantitative and data analysis skills
• Strong project management and process improvement skills
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
• Change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Problem solving experience in reducing total costs and improving processes
• Experience participating on or leading cross-functional teams working on Strategic Sourcing activities such as RFQ’s, Supplier Selection, Supplier Relationship Management, and Risk Assessment.
• Six Sigma and Lean training
• Purchasing system experience (e.g. Ariba, SAP, Oracle)
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.