Title: Sr. Sales Strategy Manager – new Channels and e-Comm
Job #160000BB, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Neenah WI (live here – https://www.youtube.com/embed/ljQ6240Klvc).
Reports to: Sr Brand Manager – Kleenex
Direct reports: none but team might build out
Product Line: Beauty Care – new line of products – http://store.kleenex.com/
Scope: US launch expansion and over e-commerce
This position acts as the primary point of contact between the assigned brand team(s) and the channel strategy/customer teams. As such, the role ensures decisions are made faster for the brand and customer teams with less time devoted to day-to-day tactical customer issues for brand teams. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that brand plans are clearly communicated to channel strategy/customers teams and that customer plans are consistent with brand plans. He/she is also accountable for ensuring that the Voice of Customer is integrated into all relevant brand initiatives.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Key customers for this position are the Brand Teams, Field Sales, Channel Strategy, Sales Planning, Category Management, Shopper Marketing Teams, and Sector Leadership. These customers expect clear, succinct, compelling and timely communication of brand strategies and plans, brand initiative sales fundamentals (DPSM – Distribution, Pricing, Shelving, and Merchandising), customer needs/expectations and supply issues and related solutions.
The incumbent supports the assigned brands/categories through the following processes: Product Innovation and Renovation, Annual Business Planning, Sales/Field Communication and Meetings, Score carding, and Allocation. The incumbent serves as the Front End subject matter expert for their brand/category.
- Work with data and multi-functional team to synthesize and interpret information/data to develop insights providing new perspective on the retail environment including identifying risks and opportunities associated with sales fundamentals, namely Distribution, Pricing, Shelving and Merchandising
- Identify emerging trends and identify business implications and proactively recommend solutions
- Serve as the “Voice of the Customer”, generating implications and hypotheses that can further K-C business objectives and assist in identifying opportunities and strategy development.
- Benchmark with other CPG companies to identify Best Practices in the area of Go-to-Market processes and strategies to enable KC to rapidly enhance its capabilities in this area.
- Ensure retail/customer insights are developed and leveraged by participating in the development, approval, and execution of Learning Plans
- Act as the primary “Voice of Customer” in the Innovation Management Framework (IMF) process specifically and in initiative development in general with specific accountability for ensuring Back End and Front End alignment around the assigned Brand’s DPSM strategies and deliverables. Drive the compelling Go-to-Market story for the retailer and their category.
- Coordinate, develop and clearly communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for sales fundamentals: Distribution, Pricing, Shelving and Merchandising (DPSM) for assigned Brands in general and for specific Brand GTM initiatives.
- Assist in development of customer/channel strategies and plans (3-year customer strategic plans, Annual Operating Plans (AOP), current year plans) as needed by Channel Business Development in order to meet or exceed assigned Brand’s objectives (i.e. market share, net sales and contribution).
Strategy/Plan Development and Execution
- Develop and distribute clear, concise and compelling communication of brand strategies, plans and initiatives as well as associated Front End deliverables to customer teams. Deliver actionable information in a timely manner in a readily accessible fashion for assigned Brand(s).
- Act as the “Voice of Customer” throughout the IMP/brand building process, championing and developing customer integration into appropriate assigned Brand initiatives.
- Coordinates and assist development of assigned Brand Plan communication for Annual Operating Plan kickoff meetings to Channel Development teams and customer teams.
- Responsible for proactive plans for allocation, production breaks, customer service and inventory strategy on assigned Brand(s).
- Tracks against DPSM IMF commitments and develops, recommends and executes resulting mid-course corrective action.
- Facilitator and “Go-To” contact for the Channel Development teams when brand approval needed outside of guardrails (e.g. funding needs greater than trade budget, SKU beyond budget, financial hurdle not met, etc)
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! K-C is known for their employee career development – about 65% of open jobs are filled internally and we hope we can unleash the power in you!
Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
Basic/Preferred Qualifications/Education/Experience Required:
- Graduate degree (preferred) or undergraduate degree with equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6-8 years of customer facing strategic sales experience (eCommerce) and will consider candidates with strong background in trade/shopper marketing versus traditional sales
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of key US retailers selling mass beauty brands
- Ecommerce experience/exposure required (extensive experience preferred)
- Cross-functional knowledge of marketplace analytics, logistics, and customer business planning
- The successful candidate will be customer-focused, collaborative, proactive and an excellent communicator and influencer. The role requires the development of strong working relationships across the organization.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.