Title: Senior Director, Direct Materials Sourcing
Job # 160000UZ, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Location: Roswell GA
Reports to: CPO
Scope: spend of $3 – 5B annually across supply market categories through direct reports
Summary of Position
Leads a group of category directors responsible for direct material sourcing at Kimberly-Clark. Ensures that Kimberly-Clark’s total volume, spend and supplier relationships are leveraged across platforms and integrated for product and service optimization in accordance with business strategy. Actively participates as an enterprise leader on the Global Procurement Leadership Team including leading strategic initiatives across all business units and procurement teams. Responsible for challenging and directing global procurement strategies and commodity negotiations to ensure maximum enterprise benefit. Ensure procurement practices are in accordance with corporate ethics, financial instructions and internal control requirements and result in providing the requisite quality and safety.
- Managing commodity pricing volatility which impacts business P&Ls by hundreds of millions dollars each year
- Supply Risk mitigation to prevent material and services disruption and the potential associated revenue impact
- Collaborating with Regional Procurement Leaders, Product Supply leaders, R&E and suppliers to deliver winning product design through supplier innovation and best materials sourcing
- Enable business growth by providing margin and cash for investment
- Lead the team to optimally manage the total external spend of direct material sourcing for Kimberly-Clark
- Key interface with Regional/BU Procurement Leader to understand and deliver business requirements
- Sets global strategies aligned to business needs in partnership with Regional/BU Procurement Leader and reviews on a regular basis
- Maximize cost savings and value creation with key suppliers to improve Kimberly-Clark’s level of profitability
- Guarantee continuity of supply and deliver exceptional quality and service to the business
- Drives supplier collaboration and innovation to bring additional value creation to customers, consumers, and internal stakeholders
- Drive CI / Lean within the procurement team and across the supply chain working with suppliers on their lean initiatives
- Maintain close, co-operative relationships with key customers including R&E, mill process teams, product development and sales & marketing
- Accountable for the category spend of $3 – 5B annually across supply market categories through direct reports
- Ensure specific project or supplier strategies are established on all major commodities to consistently meet specifications, avoid supply interruptions, provide flexibility, mitigate risks, minimize Kimberly-Clark’s internal resources to manage supply and provide cost and / or product advantages.
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers who can provide Kimberly-Clark’s with technology innovations, speed to market, continuously improved quality and overall supply value for growth and improved financial returns.
- Foster partnership relations with internal customers and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain expertise, and provide advice, counsel and services, as requested, on supplier selection and relationships, negotiating, price and availability forecasting, expediting, and other purchasing problems and situations to other purchasing units and internal business groups worldwide.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within the department by providing operating management direction and support to the implementation and maintenance of financial policies, instructions, and internal control procedures.
- Lead the development, communication and implementation of Procurement objectives, operating philosophies, business strategies and organizational visions.
- Shape and sustain an effective, motivated team that delivers desired business results by providing vision and direction, building trust, selecting, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
Ever wonder what it is like to belong to this global company? Here are some reasons to join us: http://bit.ly/WorkingatKC ! Interested in this job? You can contact Dorothy.Beach@KCC.com to receive more information on this job. Sending your resume would jump-start our process and could lead to a screen call.
- Bachelors Degree in a business, supply chain, science, engineering or related discipline
- 15-20 years experience in increasingly broader procurement, supply chain or product supply roles with demonstrated track record of achievement and growth in leadership.
- Internal to Kimberly-Clark candidates must currently be in a Director Level Position.
- Extensive and broad managerial experience in team management
- Close working relationships with business teams and business support functions in a large matrix organization
- Technical knowledge of contract negotiation strategies and global contracting nuances.
- Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex issues and identifying transformational opportunities
- Able to manage with ambiguity and autonomy
- Experience within Procurement, Planning, Product Supply, and or business support team leadership roles
- Ability to work in Large Complex Global organizations and at multiple levels to influence the source to shelf culture of Global Supply Chain
- Must have strategic thinking, collaboration and change management capabilities, as well as thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions
- Demonstrated experience developing talent and leading / inspiring a team to exceptional results
- Interacts with the most senior levels of the Corporation and therefore must be able to effectively communicate and influence leaders and their deputies across cultures
- Must have developed experience in supply market strategy and macro economics
- Experience as a skilled negotiator to reach consensus, buy-in and commitment from internal and external partners
- Ability to travel domestically and globally up to 50%
- Advanced Degree (MBA or equivalent) preferred.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.